Keeping kids excited about the holiday season is a snap with this Santa Christmas Countdown Craft. Grab peppermints, Jolly Ranchers, or any candy that can hang, and this adorable Santa printable to create a super fun 7 day countdown to Christmas Day!
Related: Santa Beard Countdown and Reverse Advent Calendar are precious and fun DIY Christmas calendars that will delight the kiddos. The Reverse Advent Calendar will encourage an entire season of giving.
Teachers start this sweet craft in the classroom during calendar time or during the morning arrival routine and then send it home with each kiddo to complete during Christmas break!
This Santa beard Christmas countdown is also a great activity to make at home.
Santa Claus Christmas Countdown Supplies
- pdf file
- white cardstock paper
- 7 candies that can be hung (peppermints, Jolly Ranchers, cinnamon disks)
- cute string, twine, or cord
- hole punch
- Crayons or Colored Pencils
- Zip-loc baggie to hold the candies
Make a 7 Day Santa Christmas Countdown Craft
Here’s how to make this cute and easy Santa Countdown Craft.
- Download the Santa PDF.
- Print on white cardstock.
- Cut out the Santa
- Punch seven holes along the bottom.
- Tie the pieces of candy to each hole with pieces of string.
Hang it up and starting on December 18 or December 19 start the countdown.
Why 2 different starting dates? You can customize this based on when Santa comes to your house! Make it work for your celebration schedule! Just hang it on the mantle or wherever Santa makes his entrance, and for the 7 days before Christmas, eat a piece of Santa’s beard and recount the days left!
Why use a Christmas Countdown Calendar?
Preschool and kindergarten kids can always use the numeral recognition practice and counting forward and backward that comes with any calendar activity. Counting and eating candy is also a fun way of practicing one-to-one correspondence, too! Plus it helps to visually answer the repeated question, ” How many number of days until Santa comes?”
The last seven days to Christmas Is the longest time of the year. It seems as if dear old Santa Never will appear. How many days till Christmas? Santa's helper will help you count. Take one off the string each day. There's just the right amount.
Before Santa’s Here
Kids of all ages love Christmas countdown crafts and they certainly help the month of December go by quickly until the big day! I’ve got more countdown calendars for you! Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite! Many of these are easy enough to make the last few days in November so you are ready!
- Advent Calendar ideas features 12 DIY Advent calendars focusing on family time spent together. There are printables, felt reindeer, recycled cans, Nativity stories, and more! These calendars also make fun decorations.
- Hotel Transylvania 3 Advent Calendar as Murray said, “You gotta be greater than the haters.” This adorable DIY printable calendar is for Hotel Transylvania fans and drives home the message that family is where it’s at!
- Last Minute Printable Advent calendar never fear, I’ve got your back with this festive cute Christmas Calendar! Print and go! I’ve even got amazing and fun Christmas activities for each day that you don’t have to buy at the store! Win-Win!
- Snowflake Countdown Calendar is a DIY printable, foldable snowflake Xmas countdown you will want to check out!
- Share the spirit of the Season with these random acts of kindness printable cards. The cards are perfect to use each day or use them for your Elf on the Shelf to share each day.
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.