Draw inspiration from the words of Eleanor Roosevelt with these heart-felt quotes that motivate, inspire, and remind us of our own responsibility in this adventure called Life!
Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes challenge, encourage, inspire and cause us to reflect on the great wisdom of our former First Lady. The quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt are worth reading again and again and certainly sharing with others!
Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.”
- “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.”
- “Hate and force cannot be in just a part of the world without having an effect on the rest of it.”
- “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
- “It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.”
- “I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.”
- “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.”
Related: Bookmarks with inspirational quotes
- “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.”
- “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.”
- “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.”
- “The giving of love is an education in itself.”
- “I never waste time looking back.”
- “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.”
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”
- “Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.”
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness you are able to give.”
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
- “It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.”
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
- “Enjoy every minute you have with those you love, my dear, for no one can take joy that is past away from you. It will be there in your heart to live on when the dark days come.”
- “Understanding is a two-way street.”
- “Happiness is not a goal…it’s a by-product of a life well-lived.”
- “You must do the things you think you cannot do.”
- “Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual; you have an obligation to be one. You cannot make any useful contribution in life unless you do this.”
Related: Maya Angelou Quotes To Inspire
- ” I am who I am today by the choices I made yesterday.”
- “The choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.”
- “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.”
- “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.”
- “You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.”
- “Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who says, ‘It can’t be done.’”
- “I am convinced that every effort must be made in childhood to teach the young to use their own minds. For one thing is sure: If they don’t make up their minds, someone will do it for them.”
- “A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it is in hot water.”
- “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.”
Which quote Is your favorite?
Is it just me, or did you find yourself challenged by Eleanor Roosevelt? I love how she encouraged me to face my fears and take action. She reminded me that small minds talk about people, ouch! And finally, I needed her reminders that life is what you make it!
So, leave a comment and let me know which ones resonated with you!
More Reflections, Inspirations and Crafts
“Your ambition should be to get as much life out of living as you possibly can, as much enjoyment, as much interest, as much experience, as much understanding. Not simply be what is generally called a ‘success’. “
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Which Eleanor Roosevelt quote was your favorite?