My family loves Mexican meals and these Baked Chimichangas are an easy fix for their cravings! This works together in a cinch if you keep cooked chicken in your freezer. I am sure a rotisserie chicken could stand in a pinch. I use my Instapot to cook chicken fast.
Some of our other favorite easy dinners with a Mexican flair are Slow Cooker Nachos, Mexican Skillet Rice, Southwestern Salad and if you too have a pressure cooker you will like my Pressure Cooker Mexican Beans and Rice. If you want to make your own seasoning to avoid extra chemicals we use this homemade taco seasoning.
WhaT YOU NEED TO MAKE Baked Chimichangas
- Ground cumin
- Dried oregano leaves
- Cooked chicken, chopped (just over a pound)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- 8 Flour tortillas
- Butter or cooking spray
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado for garnish
Receipe to Make Baked Chimichangas
Delicious Baked Chimichangas
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Dried oregano leaves
- 2 Cups Cooked chicken, chopped (just over a pound)
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green onions, chopped with some green tops
- 8 Flour Tortillas ( 8 inches)
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted (or cooking spray)
- 1 Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Avocado
- Mix together chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese, and onions.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold in ends of a tortilla than wrap opposite sides overfilling.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden. Garnish and serve!
Hope you like these baked chimichangas as much as we do! I haven’t tried freezing them but I think it would work out great. Are you stuck in rut for dinners? This weekly menu planner printable helps keep me organized and on track!
For more Mexican recipes try:
Cindy Hopper combines a BFA in Art Education along with the practical experience of raising children to share simple crafts for kids, DIY projects, holiday inspiration, recipes, printables and approachable ideas for simple and happy living. Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to get crafty ideas, recipes, sewing tutorials and more delivered right to your inbox. Follow Skip to My Lou on FB to find out the latest news! Join me at Pinterest and Instagram for an extra dose of fun!