Easy Dinner – Delicious Baked Chimichangas
My family loves Mexican meals and these Baked Chimichangas are easy fix for their cravings! This works together in a cinch if you keeps cooked chicken in your freezer. I am sure a rotisseri chicken could stand in in a pinch. I use my Instapot to cook chicken fast. Some of our other favorite easy dinners with a Mexican flair are Slow Cooker Nachos, Mexican Skillet Rice, Southwestern Salad and if you too have a pressure cooker you will like my Pressure Cooker Mexican Beans and Rice. If you want to make your own seasoning to avoid extra chemicals we use this homemade taco seasoning.
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (just over a pound)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped with some green tops ( about 1/4 cup)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or cooking spray)
- shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado for garnish
Mix together chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold in ends of tortilla than wrap opposite sides over filling. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter or spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden. Garnish and serve!
Hope you like these baked chimichangas as much as we do! I haven’t tried freezing them but I think it would work out great. Let me know if you try that! If you are looking for fun new recipes to add to your menu plan, don’t forget I have teamed up with some amazing bloggers and on Saturdays I post a weekly meal plan. I even have cute weekly menu planner printable. This little printable helps keep me organized and on track!