Earth Day is celebrated on April 22. In honor of this special day, I am sharing these Earth Day Coloring pages.
Coloring is a favorite activity at our house. You might also enjoy one of these free coloring pages.
Earth Day Coloring Pages
All you need to do is download one of the PDFs, print in black and white on copy paper and get coloring. So many fun coloring sheets for you!
——–> Earth Day Coloring Page (with hearts)
If you want to make your own design I have left the middle blank. Draw in some continents and make it look like the earth. How about drawing an idea of how you can help the earth? You might even want to draw the recycling symbol to remind people to take care of the earth.
——-> Earth Day Coloring Page (blank)
This activity sheet gives prompts on how we can take care of the earth.
What is Earth Day and why do we celebrate it?
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated worldwide to support protecting our earth and raise public awareness. It was first celebrated in 1970 to highlight environmental issues and provide environmental education.
How do we celebrate Earth Day?
In the United States, it is a day of political action and civic participation. People hold marches, sign petitions, meet with elected officials, have concerts and participate in fundraisers.
Here are a few ideas to celebrate Earth day and protect our earth for future generations. This is a great day to start some good habits and make a difference in your world!
- Plant a tree
- Plant wildflowers
- Eat locally grown vegetables
- Learn about the environment and how you can protect it
- Clean up trash in your neighborhood
- Reduce, reuse and recycle. Buy only what you need and avoid items that come in lots of packaging. See how many items you can reuse and upcycle.
- Make a birdhouse or bird feeder
- Reduce your use of electricity
- Protect wild areas in your area by not damaging animal habitats, littering, and dumping trash in the water.
- Plant a vegetable garden
- Learn about endangered species
- Use earth-friendly cleaning products and household items
- Donate used items instead of throwing them away.
- Don’t waste water. Turn off the water while brushing teeth!
- Turn off lights when not in the room.
- Use energy-saving light bulbs
- Ride your bike
- Save electricity
Visit the Earth Day Network and join the larger environmental movement!