Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Earth Day is celebrated yearly on April 22nd. In honor of this special day, I am sharing these free Earth Day Coloring pages for kids. While your kids are having fun coloring they will be learning how to protect our planet.
Thank you for your interest in Earth Day! Here you will find some popular ways Earth Day is celebrated in the United States. AND, I have so many recycling ideas (aka up-scaling) for things you find in your recycle bins. These fun activities include things such as my recycled May Day Basket, games, organizers, and so much more.
We love to relax by coloring at my house! My Earth Day Coloring printables show how us how we can help clean up the Earth. Not only do I have images for Earth Day Coloring for Kids, but I also have these for you and your family to enjoy: free coloring pages.
What is Earth Day and why do we celebrate it?
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated worldwide to support protecting our Earth and raising public awareness about how we can help. It was first celebrated in 1970 to highlight environmental issues and provide environmental education.
Earth Day Coloring Pages
All you need to do is download one of the free printable Earth Day Coloring Pages PDF files below. Then, print in black and white on copy paper, and get coloring. I’ve got many fun coloring sheets for you!
——–> Earth Day Coloring Page (with hearts)
If you want to make your own design I left the middle blank. Draw in some continents and make it look like the earth. How about drawing an idea of how you can help the earth? You might even want to draw the recycling symbol to remind people to take care of the earth.
——-> Earth Day Coloring Page (blank)
This activity sheet gives prompts on how we can take care of the earth.
Boys and girls alike will be so happy to share their printed and colored Earth Day pictures with their parents. They will surprise you with how much they’ve learned about how they can protect the planet.
How do we celebrate Earth Day?
In the United States, Earth Day is a day of political action and civic participation. People hold marches, sign petitions, meet with elected officials, have concerts, and participate in fundraisers.
Here are a few ideas for celebrating Earth Day and protecting our earth for future generations. This is a great day to start some good habits and make a difference in your world!
- Plant a tree
- Plant wildflowers
- Eat locally grown vegetables
- Learn about the environment and how you can protect it
- Clean up trash in your neighborhood
- Reduce, reuse and recycle. Buy only what you need and avoid items that come in lots of packaging. See how many items you can reuse and upcycle.
- Make a birdhouse or bird feeder
- Reduce your use of electricity
- Protect wild areas in your area by not damaging animal habitats, littering, and dumping trash in the water.
- Plant a vegetable garden
- Learn about endangered species
- Use earth-friendly cleaning products and household items
- Donate used items instead of throwing them away.
- Don’t wastewater. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth!
- Turn off lights when not in the room.
- Use energy-saving light bulbs
- Ride your bike
- Save electricity
Visit the Earth Day Network and join the larger environmental movement!
supplies for EaRTH DAY coloring pages
Here’s a list of some of my preferred coloring supplies just in case you’re running low. Pair these with coloring pages and you have a great gift set. (Affiliate links are included in this section.)
- White printer paper
- Non-toxic crayons for toddlers, or…
- Your favorite way to color: crayons, colored pencils, thin markers, tempura paint, watercolors…
- Optional: You may want scissors or safety scissors for kids and glue sticks, glue dots or my favorite glue gun if you’re using these coloring pages for a project
Have a fun Earth Day while helping Mother Earth!
Give Pinterest-worthy gifts that teachers love without all the work!
Over 200 done for you printables will help you make giving awesome teacher gifts EASY!