Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Hi Skip to my Lou fans! We’re identical twin sisters, Kristi & Kelli from Lolly Jane. Today we’ll be sharing some fall decor items, a pumpkin trio set.
But first we want to introduce ourselves. We run a DIY blog full of ideas and inspiration to help you spruce up your space! You’ll find everything from:
And be sure to check out our always growing page of tutorials.
We love to decorate for fall! Here in AZ, it’s still in the triple digits, yeow! So by dressing things up with warm tones in our house, we’re bringing fall indoors. We think these cute faux pumpkins create just the right tone.
To make your own pumpkin trio set, you’ll need:
(1) 2×4: Cut in sizes 6″, 8″ and 10″ heights
(1) Chunky stick, cut into 3 pieces with saw
(3) Headless nails
Chisel & Hammer (wear gloves)
Orange acrylic paint
Black acrylic paint
Coordinating brown ribbon
To make these bad boys:
1. Cut a 2×4 in
to 3 sizes: 6″, 8″ and 10″
2. Use mouse sander to sand away splinters/rough edges
3. Use chisel to create pumpkin-like grooves
4. Discover 4-year old’s pictures while you were chiseling 😉
5. Smother blocks in orange pumpkin-y paint
6. Distress pumpkins with black paint
Take a break and catch up on DVR’d shows wait for paint to dry 🙂
1. After paint is dry, drill nail-size hole into wood
2. Add wood glue onto headless nail
3. Insert headless nail into drilled hole
4. Cut wood stick into 3 pieces (mine are between 1.5-2.5″)
5. Drill hole into stick
6. Lightly hammer stick into nail so there’s no gap
When wood glue is dry, top with ribbon and that’s that!
Your pumpkin trio set is all ready for display:
XOXO, Kelli and Kristi