Tis the season for healthy green salads, so why ruin them with store-bought dressing when you can make your own dairy free creamy Italian salad dressing? Bursting with creaminess and all the flavors of basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme with none of the dreaded dairy guilt.
Related links for pasta salads: This Italian dressing recipe with tomato paste and balsamic vinegar makes a perfect dressing for Tortellini Salad. Pasta salads made with rice noodles and topped with a ginger-lime-soy dressing are fast, easy and fun to make.
Who needs a store-bought dressing when you can create the taste and flavor of this oil-free, dairy-free creamy dressing in your own kitchen?
Gather these easy to find ingredients, pull out the high speed blender, rinse out a Mason jar and get ready to whip up this creamy, delicious dressing today.
- raw, unsalted cashews soaked for at least 30 minutes a couple of hours is better
- red wine vinegar
- fresh lemon juice
- honey or maple syrup
- clove of fresh garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- yellow mustard (dijon or spicy brown also works)
- dried Italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- black pepper
PUtting it together
- Soak raw cashews for at least 30 minutes. For better results, soak for a couple of hours. Drain.
2. Add soaked cashews and all of the rest of the ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. A Magic Bullet or other high speed blender/food processor works best.
3. Pour dressing into serving jar or container. Chill in the fridge for an hour and enjoy over your salad of choice.
Dairy Free Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews soaked for at least 30 minutes a couple of hours is better)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard (dijon or spicy brown also works)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blenduntil completely smooth. (like a magic bullet)
- Chill and then enjoy over salad.
Serving and Storage suggestions
Remember to chill this dressing in the refrigerator before serving because the flavors of the herbs and spices really develop during this step. If your Mason jar has a lid, perfect! If not, chill in an airtight container and give it a good shake just before serving.
This dressing could also be a dip for veggies or a sauce for a cold pasta salad.
BEFORE YOU GO
Thank you for stopping by today. Please check out more delicious recipes, comment and let me know how your family liked this one!