A crochet bunny teether makes an amazing baby gift. Just a little bit of yarn and a 2 inch wooden ring and you can whip up a lovely (and useful) gift.
Crochet Bunny Teether Supplies
- 2” wood unfinished ring (affiliate link)
- Size F hook
- Size C hook for bow
- Cotton Yarn
- Small amounts of black and pink embroidery thread for facial details
- Yarn Needle
- Fiberfill for stuffing head
- Magic ring → mr
- Chain → ch
- Slip stitch → sl st
- Single crochet → sc
- Double crochet → dc
- Increase (explanation: 2 scs in 1 st) → inc
- Decrease (explanation: draw up a loop in each of the next 2 sts to get a total of 3 loops on the hook, yarn over, and draw through all 3 loops on the hook.) → dec
Baby Teether Crochet Pattern
Start with a tail/slip knot around the hook, Make a loop in the ring, and pull up. Chain 1, make 25 single crochet in ring. Fasten off with a tail. Weave in ends of yarn on the wrong side of work.
Round 1: Mr, 6 sc in ring (6 sts).
Round 2: Inc in each st around (12 sts).
Round 3: (Sc 1, inc) repeat around (18 sts).
Round 4: (Sc 2, inc) repeat around (24 sts).
Round 5: Work even (24 sts).
Round 6: Work even (24 sts).
Round 7: (Sc 2, dec) repeat around (18 sts).
Round 8: (Sc 1, dec) repeat around and stuff (12 sts).
Round 9: Dec around (6 sts).
End stuffing. Leave a tail, weave in remaining 6 stitches and pull tight to close. Make a knot to end. The remainder of the tail will be used to sew to head.
Round 1: Mr, 6 sc in ring (6 sts).
Round 2: (Sc 1, inc) repeat around (9 sts).
Round 3: Work even (9 sts).
Round 4: Work even (9 sts).
Round 5: (Sc 1, dec) repeat around (6 sts).
Round 6: Work even (6 sts).
Round 7: Work even (6 sts).
End off with a tail and sew to head.
Center head evenly between stitches on the ring and sew head to the ring first on the right side of the ring, then secure with more stitches on back to reinforce and prevent wobbling.
With black embroidery thread, in Round 5, make stitches for each eye. Eyes are about 3 stitches apart.
With pink embroidery thread, make a few straight stitches in triangular shape centered on the row below eyes. Make a small straight stitch lengthwise centered under the nose.
Size C hook
1. Ch 4, 2 dcs in 1st ch (in this chain you will place
all dcs and sl sts).
2. Ch 4, sl st in 1st ch.
3. Ch 4, 2 dcs in 1st ch.
4. Ch 4, sl st in 1st ch.
End off with a tail.
Optional: wind the tail around center of bow 3-4 times, tie a knot.
Sew on the head of the bunny under one ear.
TaDah! A sweet little teething ring for little baby teeth.
The above bunny crochet baby teether pattern is free, but enjoy a printable pattern for $1.99.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.