If you’re looking for free patterns for your crochet projects, you’re in the right place. With some basic crochet stitches and bulky yarn you can make great gifts for your family, friends, neighbors, or any new arrivals in the family.
In this blog post, you’ll find a great collection of free crochet blanket patterns in different sizes and different colors. Whether you are looking for an easy pattern to practice or want to make a lap blanket for the colder days, I’m sure you’ll find your next crochet blanket project here!
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament tutorial
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
1. Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket UPDATED
Here’s a great baby shower gift! This easy crochet baby blanket is amazing. Make a cozy blanket for the new baby with chunky yarn and some simple stitches that are easy enough even for beginner crocheters. via Skip To My Lou.
2. Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern (Perfect For Beginners)
This beautiful blanket pattern uses double crochet stitches so it works up quickly, and it’s easy enough for first time crocheters. This easy blanket only uses 2 skeins of yarn and a few basic stitches. You can use any type of yarn you want, as long as it’s worsted weight yarn. via Daisy Cottage Designs.
3. Bean Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern – Warm & Cool
Here’s the perfect pattern for people who want to make a colorful blanket! This gorgeous blanket has a soft texture and is super easy to make – I love the color change in the gradient! Make this gift your next project. via A More Crafty Life.
4. V Stitch Crochet Blanket with HDC
Here’s another beautiful blanket that is great for new crocheters of any skill level. Though the finished blanket has a gorgeous look, this crochet blanket is so easy that it became one of my favorite ones. via Daisy Cottage Designs.
5. Crochet Modern Dash Baby Blanket
Here’s another tutorial to make easy baby blankets with a fun twist: a bicolor dashed line effect! To make your own, follow this simple tutorial. via Daisy Farm Crafts.
6. Addicting Crochet Baby Blanket
This particular crochet pattern has five different sizes to choose from, ranging from an Afghan square all the way up through a king-sized crochet blanket. Make one for the baby or for yourself, it’s up to you! via All Free Crochet.
7. How to Crochet a Baby Blanket
Try this fast, easy crochet project that only uses only two basic crochet stitches: single crochet and chain stitch. It’s better for those who want an easy repeat project, too! via The Spruce Crafts.
8. SHELL STITCH BABY BLANKET – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Here’s a simple, colorful yet elegant shell stitch for a baby blanket! You’ll want to make it in all colors for every baby in the family. via The Stitchin’ Mommy.
9. Crochet Four Points Baby Blanket
Look at the amazing colors, beautiful yarn, and thoughtful design in this four points baby blanket! The best thing is you can make your own too and enjoy it for many years to come. via Purl Soho.
10. EASY ‘DONE IN A DAY’ CROCHET BABY BLANKET
In less than 24 hours, you’ll have an adorable blanket ready for the little one with this simple but beautiful pattern! via Dabbles & Dabbles.
11. How to Crochet a Ripple Blanket (With Video Tutorial)
Here’s a fun and simple double crochet ripple that works up quickly and produces gorgeous results. Take a look at the video tutorial by Daisy Cottage Designs.
12. Crochet Feather and Fan Baby Blanket – Free Pattern
This pretty, lacy blanket will be treasured for years to come. Use light yarn and a small hook and you’re ready to go! via Persia Lou.
13. FREE MODERN + CHUNKY CROCHET BLANKET PATTERN
This chunky crochet blanket pattern makes a perfect timeless baby gift, but once you feel how soft it is, there’s no way you won’t want to make one for yourself too! via Make & Do Crew.
14. The Blanket Stitch – Crochet Tutorial
You can use this stitch pattern to create hats, scarves, hot water bottle covers, a blanket or anything you can think of; just use the hook size recommended on your yarn ball band. via Lullaby lodge.
15. Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern (Afghan)
Watch this video tutorial and read on to learn how to crochet a cozy bed blanket. It’s such an easy crochet blanket pattern that even someone learning to crochet can make it. via Needle Pointers.
16. Easy Patchwork Blanket
Pick your favorite colors and make your own patchwork blanket – in fact, you can even use any scraps that you have around! via Craft Bits.
17. FLORAL CROCHET BLANKET PATTERNS FOR CROCHET GIFT IDEAS
Next Spring, make a beautiful floral blanket! Follow this pattern to make a quilt, potholder, or heat pad. Anything you can think of! via Confessions of an Overworked Mom.
18. Simple Crochet Blanket – Free Crochet Pattern
This free modern crochet blanket pattern is made using a simple one-stitch repeat, making it the perfect way to decompress after a long day. via Jewels and Jones.
19. Cozy Cotton Crochet Throw – Free Pattern
Add a little warmth to your mornings with the cozy cotton crochet throw pattern. The best part is that this free crochet blanket pattern is beginner-friendly! via Jewels and Jones.
20. Stained Glass Lantern: new crochet square pattern
Looking for a unique design? Look no further! This “stained glass lantern” pattern is original, beautiful and fabulous! Make one for yourself and friends too, why not? via Lilla Bjorn Crochet.
21. Modern Striped Crochet Baby Blanket – Free Pattern
This simple baby blanket is made using two colors and one stitch. It’s modern, beginner-friendly, and even gender-neutral. What’s not to love? via Jewels and Jones.
22. FREE PATTERN: The “Pure Shores” blanket
This blanket is inspired by the ocean, beach, waves and the summer. What a beautiful craft! Give it a try and make your own. via Martin Up North.
23. Madhu blanket – Pattern release!
If you want a challenge, give this pattern a try! This is an intermediate-level pattern so if you are looking to learn something new, this is for you! It is a lap blanket full of texture. via Knitter Knotter.
24. BLESSED C2C BLANKET – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Here’s a blanket that is beautiful, elegant, and did we mention blessed? It is! Make your own C2C blanket that has the word Blessed on it. via Eye Love Knots.
25. SUGARPLUM CROCHET BLANKET: FREE PATTERN
This sugarplum crochet blanket is so easy and can be modified really simply for use with any yarn and for any desired size. Plus, it’s so soft, making it great for a new baby gift! via The Sweeter Side of Mommyhood.
26. Little Lily Baby Blanket
This stunning project is designed to create a colorful blanket without going through the hassle of collecting all the colors separately. It’s not as difficult as it looks, so give it a try. via Haak Maar Raak.
27. Free Chevron Crochet Blanket Pattern
This chevron crochet blanket is a good way to expand your crochet skills and create a unique pattern blanket that is comfy and pretty! via Easy Crochet.
28. Simple Half Double Crochet Blanket
This is the kind of crochet project you can pick up anytime and work a row or two, or you can plow through it and finish it quicker than you’ll believe. via Stitching Together.
29. MERMAID TAIL BLANKET CROCHET PATTERN
Here’s an original tutorial to make a mermaid tail in one evening – or less if it’s for a kid! This mermaid tail blanket crochet pattern is easier than you think. via Peanut & Plum.
30. The “One Step Beyond” Blanket – Free Pattern Inside
Make a blanket with a mosaic pattern for babies that like to feel, touch and play with their blankets. via Martin Up North.
31. Midwinter Blanket – Free Crochet Pattern
This free crochet pattern for the midwinter blanket is sure to make the coldest winter nights more cozy! Get bulky weight yarn for a cozier feel. via Rich Textures Crochet.
32. Easy Blanket Crochet Pattern
This tutorial is a good choice for beginners and makes a cozy blanket that makes it perfect for snuggling on the couch. You can make it as wide as you want! via Merry About Town.