Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Making things is so much fun, especially when you can use a butterfly outline to help you create something beautiful. Download the PDF and print my different large and small butterfly outlines and let your imagination take flight!
If you love butterflies learn how to draw a butterfly sketch!
Sixteen free printable butterfly templates to use for crafts and activities. Use these butterfly outlines as a pattern, or simply color and decorate them. The sky is the limit!
Materials Needed for Butterfly PrintOuts
You do not need many supplies to create something beautiful with these printable butterfly outlines. Decide if you are going to make stickers, stencils, cutouts, or vinyl butterfly shapes. Choose your paper accordingly.
- Paper (color of your choice)
- Download Outlines of Butterflies (click the button under the image)
- Markers, Colored Pencils, Crayons, etc
- The Printable Templates
Simple Craft Ideas Using These Butterfly Templates
The sky is the limit! Let your creativity fly. These butterfly templates can be used in the same way we used these Easter egg templates. Here are a few ideas.
- Punch a hole at the top of several butterflies and hang them as a garland.
- Use trace the butterfly pattern to cut out two pieces of fabric and sew them together to make a cute pillow or stuffed ornament.
- Clip them to a branch to make a beautiful spring decoration for your home.
- Make a card for someone special out of colorful construction paper
- The blank templates make great coloring pages. Just print and color with crayons, colored pencils, or markers. The blank slate will be an engaging open-ended activity both kids and adults can enjoy.
- Melt crayon shavings between two layers of wax paper then use the butterfly template to cut them into butterfly shapes for beautiful window decorations.
- Play a matching game. Use the side view or cut the other butterflies in half. Give each child half and ask them to find their match.
- Print on heavy cardstock and cut the butterfly shape out of the paper to create a stencil or butterfly cutouts. The butterfly stencil can then be sponge-painted for a cool effect.
- If you are a teacher use them to let kids help decorate bulletin boards.
- Glue the butterfly cut out to a clothespin so you can clip them onto something. Can’t you see them pinned around the house? Too fun!
- Print on cardstock, color, and glue to a popsicle stick, add in a caterpillar and you can have a show on the life cycle of butterflies.
Whether you are looking for a simple butterfly outline, template for a butterfly, or butterfly printables I’ve got you covered here! With these free printables, you can create your own butterfly garden without planting any host plants!
Beautiful Butterfly Crafts and Coloring Pages
I love a theme and I think you might, too! So check out these offerings!