SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
Easy Homemade Strawberry Pie Recipe
Good morning! I’m Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie and I’m so happy to be here to share a delicious recipe with you today.
- 3 lbs fresh strawberries, gently washed and hulled.
- (cut very large berries in half)
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp sure-jell for low sugar recipes (the pink box)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pre-made 8 inch pie crust or your favorite recipe
- 1 1/2 C berries (pick out the overripe or misshapen), place in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine and mix together sugar, cornstarch, sure-jell, salt in medium sauce pan.
- Add puree and whisk over medium high heat; stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes or until starch clears and thickens.
- Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Gently add berries and stir to coat.
- Gently pour into prepared crust, turn berries so face side down and attractive.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve with in 6 hours.
- Serve with light whip topping.
* this recipe was adapted from browneyedbaker.com
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to bake up a little love with the kids.
Homemade Strawberry Pie is simple enough for anyone to make and it’s sure make the special mom in your life smile!
Here are a couple of other fun ideas to inspire you’re baking…
Thank you for letting me visit today…. I just love Cindy and can’t wait to come back to visit again.
Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Baking!
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to get crafty ideas, recipes, sewing tutorials and more delivered right to your inbox. Follow Skip to My Lou on FB and Google+ to find out the latest news! Join me at Pinterest and Instagram for an extra dose of fun!