Make friends feel special with simple gifts for Valentines Day! I have everything you need with my Valentine Gift Tag Bundle. It is now 75% OFF. Learn More
Good morning! I’m Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie and I’m so happy to be here to share a delicious recipe with you today.
- 3 lbs fresh strawberries, gently washed and hulled.
- (cut very large berries in half)
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp sure-jell for low sugar recipes (the pink box)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pre-made 8 inch pie crust or your favorite recipe
- 1 1/2 C berries (pick out the overripe or misshapen), place in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine and mix together sugar, cornstarch, sure-jell, salt in medium sauce pan.
- Add puree and whisk over medium high heat; stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes or until starch clears and thickens.
- Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Gently add berries and stir to coat.
- Gently pour into prepared crust, turn berries so face side down and attractive.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve with in 6 hours.
- Serve with light whip topping.
* this recipe was adapted from browneyedbaker.com
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to bake up a little love with the kids.
Homemade Strawberry Pie is simple enough for anyone to make and it’s sure make the special mom in your life smile!
Here are a couple of other fun ideas to inspire you’re baking…
Thank you for letting me visit today…. I just love Cindy and can’t wait to come back to visit again.
Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Baking!
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to get crafty ideas, recipes, sewing tutorials and more delivered right to your inbox. Follow Skip to My Lou on FB and Google+ to find out the latest news! Join me at Pinterest and Instagram for an extra dose of fun!