Lately, I have been seeing darling skull caps for babies with beautiful large silk flower clips. I think these make perfect baby gifts —— and it is so easy to make!
These silk flower hairclips can be personalized by flower style and color. So many choices.
Related: If you prefer a flower made of yarn be sure to check out these crochet flowers.
They also make the perfect embellishment for a crochet hat. Crochet hats are loved by all not just babies.
Supplies For Making The Silk Flower Clip
- metal clips,
- large silk flower
- grosgrain ribbon
- plastic gem (or covered button) for center embellishment
- hot glue
How to make a silk flower clip
- Remove the plastic piece that holds the flower together from the center of the flower.
- Then you will have a stack of petals.
- Glue the petals back together with a drop of hot glue between each layer.
- Sandwich petals until you have a flower you are happy with.
- Add a gem or covered button to the center.
- Cover the hair clip with a piece of grosgrain ribbon and hot glue.
- Hot glue a piece of the leaf to the bottom of the flower,
- leaving a space for the clip to fit in.
- Crochet a little hat. Here are Basic Beanie Hat patterns.
- Clip onto the hat and you have a darling hat!
All Things Baby
- 20 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns to make for newborns to toddlers.
- Free Crochet Baby Booties Patterns are the most adorable crochet baby booties you can find.
- FUN Baby Shower Games Your Guests Will Want to Play get everyone laughing and enjoying the shower.
- Is there anything cuter than Baby Halloween Costumes?
- Wood Ring Baby Teether Toy makes a perfect gift for the baby on your list.
- Gifts to make for baby from free baby shoe tutorials, and a clever pouch for diapers to a darling handmade baby toy, this stuff you can make for babies is great!
- Food is a major part of any good shower, so here are some great ideas I have used. Baby Shower Foods
- Baby’s First Christmas Ornament this entire project is made entirely by hand
- Five fabulous baby shower ideas and themes sure to wow your guests and the mother-to-be.
How did your silk flower clip turn out? Please leave me a comment.