Are you looking for fun pom pom crafts? Making a pom pom chick or a pom pom chicken is a fun and easy craft project that can be made with just a few basic materials. With a fluffy pom pom body, tiny felt beak and feet, and cute googly eyes, this little chick is sure to brighten up your day.
This baby chick is one of my favorite Easter crafts to add to your Easter basket, and you can make tons of easy pom pom chicks with very few supplies.
Related: Did you know there are different ways to may pom poms? You can even use a fork. See all the different ways you can make pom poms.
Watch How to Make a Pom Pom Chicken
Note: We used yellow yarn to make a chick, but if you want to make a pom pom yarn chicken instead, use white yarn. Be creative- you can even make a pink chicken. The rest of the pom pom DIY idea instructions are the same.
Pom Pom Chick Craft Supplies
- Yarn (Chunky yarn works best but use whichever you have at hand)
- Googly Eyes
- Sharp pair of scissors
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue
How to Make a Pom Pom Chick Step by Step
In this tutorial, I will guide you through the step-by-step process of making your very own pom pom chick, so you can create a cute and cuddly companion that you’ll love to have around.
- Wrap yarn around hand. The more you wrap the bigger the pom pom.
- Carefully remove the wrapped yarn from the hand. Take a piece of yarn and tie it tightly around the center of the yarn.
- Cut through the loops of yarn on each side.
- Trim the pom pom into a ball.
- Repeat the process so you have two pom poms. You will want a small and a large one for the head and body.
- Repeat the process so you have a second pom pom. You will want a small and a large one for the chick’s head and body.
- Fold a piece of orange felt in half and cut out a foot shape.
- Glue feet to the bottom of the body of the chick.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Cut a diamond shape out of orange felt for the beak.
- Fold the diamond shape in half and glue to the head of the cheek.
- Now you have one cute chick!
A pom pom chick is a perfect Spring decoration. Here are a few more ideas:
- Easter decoration: You can use your pom pom chick as a cute and colorful addition to your Easter decorations. Place it in a basket with some Easter eggs, or hang it on a branch with other spring decorations.
- Keychain or bag charm: You can attach a small loop of string or ribbon to your pom pom chick and use it as a keychain or a bag charm. It’s a fun and playful way to accessorize your belongings.
- Toy or gift: A pom pom chick can also be a great toy or gift for kids. They’ll love playing with its soft and fluffy texture, and it’s a fun way to encourage their creativity and imagination.
- Desk or shelf decoration: You can place your pom pom chick on your desk or a shelf as a cute and whimsical decoration. It’s a great way to add some color and personality to your workspace or living space.
- Party favor: If you’re hosting a spring or Easter-themed party, you can make multiple pom pom chicks and use them as party favors for your guests. They’re easy to make and will add a fun and festive touch to your celebration and would look cute sitting on dinner plates.
More Fun Crafts
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.