Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Hello Skip to my Lou readers…
Jennifer, Jamie and Jodie here from Eighteen25. We are so happy to be participating in this fun Teacher Appreciation series again this year.
We’re big fans of making banners for all kinds of occasions. Like our Spring Banner and Celebrate Banner. We thought it would be fun to do something a little different and make a special banner for those special teachers to hang up in their classrooms. And one of my favorite parts… there is no sewing required.
• white flocked heat transfer (or you can just use white felt)
• thick lacing cord
• piece of cardboard
• tacky glue (not pictured)
• make a template for your banner pieces using the cardboard. we cut ours to 5 in. wide to 6 in. long and cut a notch out of the bottom.
• fold a sheet of felt in half, trace your template onto the folded felt (fold at the top) and cut out.
• then cut out your letters. we used heat transfer and cut out our letters using the silhouette. (font used: silverfake) *you could also cut your letters out with felt and glue on.
• iron on your letters. and while you’re at it, iron the fold on the felt.
• fold your banner pieces over the lacing cord and add a few dabs of glue to the bottom edges.
The color options are endless, have fun putting them together.
Or for extra credit, make a few different banners for your teacher to hang throughout the year.
Thanks for having us Cindy!!
We hope you’ll swing by and check out our past Teacher Appreciation projects.
You can also find us here…
Teacher Appreciation Week is the first full week in May. Through all of April I am excited to share some amazing ideas from some of the most wonderful bloggers for my Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas series! It’s a great month! You will be totally prepared with ideas to thank your teachers!
Stop by Eighteen 25 for more crafty inspiration and to enter the Show your Appreciation giveaway today (you get a new entry each time your visit our guest blogger)! We are giving $1,000 from Michaels! You won’t want to miss this!