Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
A fresh new year always has me wanting to change things. I love setting goals and getting myself motivated to improve. These New Year Resolution Ideas are full of tips, tricks and ideas that you can use to help kick start your goal making, there is still time to get it started. Don’t forget to record that year with this fun Year In Review Printable.
New Year Resolution Ideas
- Start a meditation practice. This is top on my list for the New Year. In fact, I already started in December and have been thrilled with the benefits. Meditating improves mood, reduces stress, lessens anxiety, and helps your brain.
- Spend more time with friends and family. Put down our phones and start really listening and engaging. My husband and I are thinking about starting a weekly happy hour for friends.
- Social Media diet! Phone use has gotten out of control at our house. Check your phone at the door and choose to pay attention to those around you.
- Read More
- Be More Grateful. Use this printable calendar to daily jot down what you are thankful for.
- Break a bad habit
- Eat Healthily. Everything in moderation! Don’t just focus on weight loss, but instead focus on fueling your body with loads of bright colored fruits and veggies and other healthy choices.
- Declutter Less is more. My friend always says the more you have the more you have to take care of. A simpler lifestyle can reduce stress.
- Learn a new skill. Make this year the year you learn to sew, cook, craft or even scuba dive. The sky is the limit.
- Organize your work area
- Get finances on track and organize and track your spending. These 5 Budget and Finance Printable could be really helpful.
- Increase Savings. Try these 5 Easy Savings Challenges.
- Meet new people
- Get more quality sleep
- Spend More Time In Nature. Spending time outside can makes you happier, it boosts your immune system, and it even makes you more creative.
- Watch less TV. The TV can be a huge obstacle to productivity. It is amazing how much you can accomplish when you turn off the TV.
- Volunteer Volunteering can give you a sense of purpose, and give meaning to your life, increase self-esteem, and overall make you happier
- Start a hobby Crochet anyone?
- Improve your marriage. Here are 20 Un-Boring Date Ideas to help have fun and make memories.
- Try Meal Prep and Meal Planning! Don’t leave family dinners to chance. A few simple meal planning techniques can make dinner time a breeze. I am a huge fan of the Instant Pot for quick and easy dinners. I use this printable meal planner to plan my weekly meals.
- Learn a new language. Keeping your brain active can actually slow cognitive decline.
- Set Realistic Attainable Goals. Use these sheets to help you plan it all out and write it all down.
What is the most common New Year’s resolution?
Research shows the most common resolutions for the coming year in the U.S. are eating healthier, to get more exercise and to save more money. For sure exercise is good and losing weight can help lower blood pressure and prevent heart disease but don’t forget also spend time on mental health. A positive attitude will make sure you achieved your goals.
How do you create a successful New Year’s resolution?
Here are 5 ways to make sure you keep a New Year Resolution.
- Be realistic. Make sure your goals are SMART. That means: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-based
- Write it down and chart your progress
- Work on one thing at a time. Trying to master a more than one thing can be overwhelming. Stick to one thing, master it, and move onto the next.
- Ask a friend to hold you accountable
- Celebrate success. Reward yourself when you meet those milestones.
Whether you plan to go on a long run or turn off your phone I hope next year is full of possibilities and blessing. Happy New Year! If you are hosting a New Year’s Eve Party you will want to print of this glittery Happy New Year Banner and also these free printable New Years Resolution Cards.