Let’s say “Thank You” to our teachers with this Mason jar gift craft you and your kids can make together! Whether it’s Kindergarten or High School, help them show appreciation with a gift their teachers will enjoy!
Making the Thank you Mason
Although I’ve not jumped on the Mason Jar gift bandwagon before, as popular as they are, I thought it would be a fun container for all of the little goodies I’d grabbed for the boy’s teachers.
Related: Flowers in a Jar for your teacher!
Mason jars are truly a multipurpose item. This craft is pretty quick to put together and quite easy as well. Your kids, of any age really, can help choose the decorations and colors. Get them involved in the greatness of gratitude.
- Mason jar (pint or larger)
- Candy (any treats you’d like to give)
- Duck tape Color Duckling mini rolls (your choice of style)
- Adhesive backed fabric paper
- Pom-Pom Trim
- Printable “A-Mason” tag
This article contains affiliate links
Let’s get Started
- First I stuffed the bottom of the jar with some fun little Duck Tape Duckling rolls, candy, and a couple of gift cards.
- Before popping the lid on, I wanted to create a cute cover. I pulled out some adhesive-backed fabric paper and cut a circle the size of the jar’s lid.
- Once the circle is cut, it was as simple as peeling off the backing and sticking it to the lid.
Such a simple thing, but the fabric/paper really finishes the jar off so that it looks nice.
- Now wrap and tie your choice of pom-pom trim around the mouth of the jar just below the lid. I couldn’t just leave the jar plain, so I snagged some of the pom-pom trim I have been hoarding in my stash and tied it around the top of the jar.
- Add a little printable “You’re A-Mason” card. It’s sort of the finishing touch. It’s not just a jar. It’s an A-Mason jar!
Finally all done! So simple and really fun!
Tell us how you decorated your Thank You mason jar! Did you fill it with anything different? We’d love to hear about it!
As it would be, Teacher Appreciation Week is the first full week in May. Through all of April I am excited to share some amazing ideas from some of the most wonderful bloggers for my Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas series! It’s a great month! You will be totally prepared with ideas to thank your teachers!
Teacher appreciation always seems to sneak up on me, so I am grateful to be participating in Cindy’s annual teacher appreciation series, therefore I am sharing my simple Mason Jar thank you gift for teacher.
More like this…
If you liked this simple project, pop over and check out these fun ideas!
- Candy Birthday Bracelet
- Paper Feathers
- Summer Photo Prompts + Kids Activities
- Stop by Snap for more crafty inspiration and to enter the Show your Appreciation giveaway today (you get a new entry each time your visit our guest blogger)! We are giving $1,000 from Michaels! You won’t want to miss this!
About the author
Now that you’ve gone through the craft above, let me introduce myself! I’m Tauni. I run a fun conference for people who make stuff, called Snap. We just wrapped up our fourth annual conference this past weekend.
Here are some photos from the fun…
Running a conference in the spring is great…EXCEPT, it puts me behind on some of the little things like laundry, grocery shopping and keeping up with the kids school. Every year, I am looking for an EASY teacher appreciation idea that I can put together at the last minute. Enter, the Mason Jar thank you.
Thanks so much for the cute ideas and free printables! Love um!
Cute idea! I love the saying on the mason jar!