Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Have you ever made a hair bow before? They’re actually really easy to make, and you can use all sorts of different materials to create them. Let me show you how to make a hair bow out of wrapping paper.
You don’t need a ribbon to make a hair bow! Making hair bows from wrapping paper is fun and super easy to do. This is an awesome activity to do when you have lots of kids at your house and you need a simple craft that isn’t very messy!
Supplies to Make a Hair Bow Out of Wrapping Paper
- Wrapping Paper
- Clear Tape
- Hair Tie
Follow These Easy Steps To Make a Hair Bow
Wrapping paper is one of those things that’s always lying around and can be used for so much more than just wrapping presents.
- Cover about 20 inches of wrapping paper in clear tape to make your “ribbon”. (The size is up to you, the more paper you use, the bigger your bow will be.
- Cut off about 3 inches of your “ribbon” and put it aside. (We are going to use it as the bow middle.)
- Now, tape your wrapping together in a donut shape.
- Squish the donut together in the middle to make a figure 8.
- Pinch the middle of your figure 8 to make the bow.
- Place the hair tie on the back of the bow.
- Take the piece we set aside earlier and put some tape on the end of it. Now wrap it around the middle of your bow (and the hair tie) to secure everything in place.
And now you have a totally trendy wrapping paper hair bow! These are super cute on top of a birthday present!
Jamie Harrington is a writer, mom, and lover of all things crafty. She blogs at Totally The Bomb.