This Joy-ful Pillow wrap makes a perfect holiday decoration. Make a few for friends. It makes the perfect handmade gift. Do you have a doll loving little girl on your christmas list? Make this Dolly and Me Ruffled Scarf set or how about this DIY reindeer stick?
This month we are sharing over 100 handmade gift tutorials. I have teamed up with Thirty Handmade Days, Classy Clutter and Your Homebased Mom to share the best holiday decorating ideas and homemade gift ideas. We have over 100 tutorials so you will have the best homemade holiday ever! Each day be sure to visit the guest poster’s blog for a chance to win BIG! Up for grabs a Baby Lock sewing machine a $100 in Riley Blake Fabric! Grab a new entry every day! Visit The Sewing Loft today to enter win the baby lock sewing machine and fabric bundle!
Hello Skip to My Lou Peeps! I’m Heather from The Sewing Loft and one of my favorite things to do is share simple tips to help improve your everyday sewing.
I was thrilled when Cindy asked me to join the holiday fun and hope you enjoy my holiday gift idea.
- 1/2 yard of 44″ wide fabric
- 3 large scraps of assorted patterns
- 6″ x 13″ piece of heat n bond lite
- 11″ of hook & loop tape
- 12″ x 18″ covered pillow
- Font template of choice or click for pattern used
* Note- If using a different size pillow you will need to measure and adjust the size of your wrap as needed.
- Trace letters onto the paper side of Heat n Bond; leaving 1/2″ spacing between each piece. Trim letters apart leaving 1/4″ seam allowance and adhere heat n bond to wrong side of fabric to create applique. Carefully trim each letter to size; set aside.
- Cut main wrap fabric 14″ wide X 29″.
- Turn under and press 1/2″ along each long edge of wrap. Turn under again to create a double fold hem. Stitch in place with matching threads. Repeat along each short end.
- Separate the hook and loop tape. Stitch one half of tape to each end of wrap as shown, stitching close to all edges.
- Position and fuse applique in place in center of wrap. Stitch in place using a decorative stitch or free motion.
- Place the wrap around pillow and secure with hook and loop tape.
This project is super easy to make and if time is not on your side, you can skip the stitching on the applique. Think about how many ways you could use this project idea; tea towels, gift bags, napkins, table runner and more.
Thanks again for having me Cindy- it’s be a blast!
Heather Valentine is the creative behind the screen at The Sewing Loft. Her work has graced the pages of several printed publications including: Sew News, Easy Quilts, Stitching Kitchen and Fun-Size Quilts.This self-proclaimed fabric hoarder likes to stitch the night away and dreams of one day discovering a better way to detangle her thread collection.