Let me show you how to make graduation hat cookies. You don’t have to order your cookies you can make them yourself! So if you know a preschool, Kindergarten, high school, or college graduate you’re in luck these sugar cookies will be a perfect addition to your celebrations.
Graduation Hat candies are another fun treat for a grad party. Of course, you will need a graduation card for the grad. These cards are printable and have a clever way to include some cash! We made a DIY lighted marquee sign for our party. Here are more graduation ideas.
Sugar Cookie Decorating Tips and Resources
- sugar cookies and royal icing recipes and tips and tricks
- graduation cookie cutters can be found at craft stores or baking supply stores
- If you want to put your cookies on a stick, roll them out nice and thick, cut them out, then put them on your pan. Chill them on the pan for about 20 min or so. Take them out and insert the stick, centered in the thickness of the cookie. Chilling them will keep them from distorting when you put the stick in.
- Put a toothpick in the top of the frosting squeeze bottles to keep them from getting .clogged and dried out. Remember how fast royal icing dries.
- Bubbles in your frosting are the enemy to smooth cookies. After you fill a cookie with royal icing, you will notice slight bumps. Take a toothpick and pop em! But do this right away! As it starts to dry, it will leave a mark that won’t smooth over.
Graduation Cap Cookies Supplies
- sugar cookie dough
- rolling pin
- baking sheets
- graduation cap cookie cutter
- royal icing
- food coloring
- squeeze bottles
- pastry tips (#2 and #3)
How to decorate Graduation Hat Sugar Cookies
MY LATEST VIDEOS