Celebrate Dr. Seuss with quirky crafts and whimsical treats, honoring his playful spirit!
Start your Seuss-inspired day with a playful twist on breakfast by serving up a plate of green eggs and ham! Simply whip up scrambled eggs and add a few drops of green food coloring to the mix to achieve that vibrant hue. Pair it with slices of ham for a whimsical and delicious nod to Dr. Seuss’s classic tale.
Dr Seuss Inspired Crafts
- Truffula Trees from the Lorax:
- Create colorful Truffula Trees using striped straws or popsicle sticks for the trunk and colorful tissue paper puffs on top.
- Cat in the Hat Hats:
- Make iconic Cat in the Hat hats using red and white construction paper or felt. Cut the shapes, glue or staple them together, and add a black strip for the hat’s band. These can be headbands or smaller versions for decoration. Find step-by-step instructions here.
- Horton Hears a Who Paper Plate Craft:
- Use paper plates to create Horton’s face. Paint or color the paper plate blue and add eyes, a trunk, and big ears using construction paper. Add a speck of dust (a tiny pom-pom or a small round sticker) to represent Whoville.
- Lorax Mustache Masks:
- Craft Lorax-inspired masks by cutting out yellow mustaches and eyebrows from construction paper or felt. Attach them to sticks or strings to hold up to the face, letting kids channel their inner Lorax. Make an easy Lorax mask with this free printable.
- Thing 1 Thing 2 Pencils:
- Transform ordinary pencils into Thing 1 and Thing 2 characters from Dr. Seuss by attaching a bit of fur and googly eyes.
- Seuss-Inspired Bookmarks:
- Design and decorate bookmarks with iconic characters like the Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, or the Grinch. Laminate or cover them in clear contact paper for durability.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Art:
- Create colorful fish by cutting out fish shapes from construction paper and placing them in a painted fishbowl.
Be inspired by over 40 quotes that weave together playful words that carry profound life lessons in their seemingly simple verses.