A gardening gift is the perfect teacher appreciation gift for a teacher that loves to garden and spends countless hours helping your child to grow.
If you want to thank teachers and celebrate teachers you have come to the right place. I have everything you need to know about Teacher Appreciation Week.
Teachers Plant the Seeds of Knowledge Teacher Gift Idea
This teacher gardening gift is super easy to put together and will be a heartfelt token of your appreciation. Your child might like to decorate a metal bucket themself to make it extra special.
- Tin Buckets
- Twine or Ribbon
- Seed Packet
- Gardening Glove (and or other items to fill in the bucket)
- Paper bag or Kraft colored paper to print tag
- silk flower for embellishment
- Metal Paint
- Paint Pens for decoration
- Chalkboard Label
- seed packet teacher appreciation free printable
Note: The saying can be typed on your computer and printed on brown paper, handwritten or to make it easy I have updated a printable seed packet to use.
How to Assemble
1. Grab some twine and tie around the top. Attach flower and leaves with glue gun.
- Paint the bucket with paint. Be sure to make sure the paint is for metal so it is durable.
- Once the bucket is dry add twine and silk flower for embellishment. This can be attached to the top with hot glue.
- Add a chalkboard label to the front of the bucket and add your teacher’s name or a big thank you. Labels can be cut with the Cricut and chalkboard vinyl or purchased from a craft store. The teacher’s name can also be easily added with a paint pen.
4. Next, cut up a paper bag and print the saying “Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge that will grow forever!” onto it in any font you’d like. Yes, you can insert it right into your printer…crinkle and iron to give it that distressed look!
4. Staple seed packets on the back of paper and place everything into the bucket!
Teachers can use this bucket all year long and label it whatever they’d like with the chalk label! Perfect gift for any teacher!
More Ways to Say Thank You For a Great School Year
Kari is from Ucreate. This budget-friendly teacher idea that your child’s teacher is sure to love is one of her creative ideas.