Whip up this dog birthday cake to honor your furry friend with his or her very own dog cake! We celebrate birthdays with homemade cakes – and pets are definitely part of the family! This dog cake recipe will have your pup licking their chops on their special day.
A dog cake is a perfect way to mark a 1st birthday or anniversary of adoption. Who doesn’t love a birthday party? To dress your pooch for the occasion, check out our super easy DIY dog bandana! You can even make your own DIY dog treats with only two ingredients. Printable labels help wrap them up to make the perfect Birthday gift.
Dog Cake Ingredients
Follow along and save the recipe card below. To make this dog cake recipe, you will need:
2 T peanut butter
2 T cup cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup carrot baby food
1 T honey
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to Make a Dog Cake
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 4-inch cake pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, blending well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly.
Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until done. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Dog Birthday Cake Tips
Dogs love all things peanut butter! Dogs always seem to know when you’re making something for them.
This cake is so easy to make and decorate. Here are a few tips and ideas to spoil your best friend and wish them Happy Birthday:
- Frost the cake with peanut butter. To make it easier to spread, you might mix in a little coconut oil or yogurt. I used the peanut butter straight from the jar because I wanted it a nice piping consistency. Natural peanut butter might be too soft to pipe.
- If you don’t want to top your dog birthday cake with sprinkles, try using little store bought dog treats instead! Do this only if you don’t plan on sharing the cake with your dog, of course!
- You can vary the recipe, substituting the carrot baby food with sweet potatoes, mashed banana, pumpkin puree or apple sauce.
- To make a layer cake, simply double the recipe and spread peanut butter between the layers.
- It’s going to be a messy celebration. Be sure to lay out a drop cloth on the floor for your dog when he enjoys his cake!
And yes, you can eat this cake with your dog! It’s not as sweet as regular cakes, but it’s totally edible. Why not share a little birthday cheer with your furry friend?
Finally, for an adorable birthday outfit for your pet, don’t forget our super easy DIY dog bandana! The perfect finishing touch!
Dog Birthday Cake Recipe
Celebrate your furry friend with a dog friendly birthday cake!
- 1 egg
- 2 T peanut butter
- 2 T cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 cup carrot baby food
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 4 inch cake pan with cooking spray. Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, in a bowl blending well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until done. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Frost cake with peanut butter! Nutrition calculated without peanut butter frosting.
Sadie loved this cake! I hope your furry friends love this dog friendly cake too! Please let me know in the comments.
How about making an easy dog drawing of your friend. I show you step by step how to draw a dog. Add a few details unique to your dog and you can make your very own dog portrait. What a fun way to remember this special occasion.