Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
My son is now 15 and thankfully this annoying ritual stops.
God forbid you try to boycott the goodie bag. I live in the suburbs, it’s just not done. So like you, I seemed to always hand them out full of all kinds of junk only kids will appreciate …….for about 5 minutes.
If I’m going to be a part of problem, then I may as well hand out a stylish one and have fun doing it!
DIY Goodie Bags
Making DIY Goodie Bags is easy, fun and can be catered to any theme. This goes for the goodie bags all you soccer parents hand out after soccer games to your little ones. Who started that anyway?
My DIY Goodie bag is great for last minute gift wrap too!
DIY Goodie Bag Supplies
- plain paper bags – you can use the regular kraft brown, or pick up colored.
- washi tape – washi tape is a decorative tape that you can find in your local craft store.
- stamps – I used bug foam stamps I had found at Target a few years ago for $1
- ink or paint – I like using acrylic paints for foam stamps.
- foam brushes – you’ll need these if you’re using paint.
- using a foam brush, coat a foam stamp with a paint color of your choice.
- aim for the center of the bag
- allow to dry
- fill the bag, fold over the top and tape shut with washi tape.
It doesn’t have to be fancy! Choose a variety of colors to keep it interesting and stamp away.
I’ve made up a few of these just to have on hand for quick gift wrap. So simple and inexpensive, but so so cute!
Of course these also make adorable lunch bags for school!
Find more simple inspiration from Kim on Today’s Creative Blog