Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
This Circular Gift Card Pouch Tutorial is the perfect way to give them what they want this holiday season– gift cards or money. Best of all it is reusable. This DIY felt turkey clip would be darling for any little girl this Thanksgiving. These DIY Scrap Friendship bracelets are perfect for kids and they will love making them! Kids love making homemade gifts.
This month we are sharing over 100 handmade gift tutorials. I have teamed up with Thirty Handmade Days, Classy Clutter and Your Homebased Mom to share the best holiday decorating ideas and homemade gift ideas. We have over 100 tutorials so you will have the best homemade holiday ever! Each day be sure to visit the guest poster’s blog for a chance to win BIG! Up for grabs a Baby Lock sewing machine a $100 in Riley Blake Fabric! Grab a new entry every day! Visit Raegun Ramblings today to enter to win the Baby Lock Sewing Machine.
I’m kind of a gift giving snob. I love making or finding something that my recipient will really love. The problem is that sometimes nothing great comes to mind or the perfect item is more of an experience like a massage or movie outing. And for those times I really appreciate gift cards. When I give a gift card I always like to have a little something tangible with it and my favorite thing is to create a cute gift card holder that can be reused as a little bag later. Today I’m sharing an easy circular gift card pouch tutorial.
I love the non-traditional shape of the circular bag. I’ve sized this to be just the right size for one or two gift cards but you could easily change the measurements to make a bigger or smaller bag!
What You Need
- Outside fabric – 11×11 inches
- Lining fabric – 11×11 inches
- 1/2 inch or wider Casing Ribbon – 27 inches
- 1/8 inch Drawstring Ribbon – 1 yard
- Small safety pin (it needs to be skinnier than the width of your ribbon).
What to Do
- Cut both fabric pieces into 11 inch diameter circles.
- With right sides together sew the fabric together using a 1/4 inch seam allowance leaving a 1 inch opening.
- Clip around the edges up to but not across to the stitching line.
- Turn your circle right sides out and press with an iron.
- Sew around the very edge of the circle to close up the hole.
- Run the edge of your ribbon across a flame to seal the edge.
- Lay the ribbon about an inch from the edge of your circle. Sew down along the very edge of your ribbon.
- Repeat on the other edge. This will make a casing for your drawstring. Make sure to pick a ribbon wide enough to thread your drawstring ribbon through and try to sew at the edge to leave enough space.
- Using a small safety pin to thread your drawstring ribbon into the casing.
- Fill with an awesome gift card!
I hope you like my circular bag tutorial! If you’re looking for more quick and easy handmade gift ideas I have tons. I hope you’ll stop by my blog Rae Gun Ramblings and say hi! Before I go here are a few of my most popular projects and posts.
Marissa’s a huge Harry Potter fan, lover of fried food, Instagram addict, and mama to one year old Teddy. She spends her days sewing baby clothes for her shop Rae Gun and blogs over at Rae Gun Ramblings where she loves to share her favorite recipes, creative tutorials, and book recommendations. Stop by her blog to see more and say hi!
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.