Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
I love chocolate mousse pie and wanted to share it with friends. This chocolate pie is oh so rich and creamy. A treat for sure. Other than a five-minute bake of the oreo cookie crust this is a no-bake pie. Sweetened whipping cream and melted chocolate create a fluffy decadent filling. It is like eating a chocolate cloud. Stay tuned…. for the darling stickers below to gift these pies. How fun to give these sweet little treats. Another favorite pie is my Toll House Pie. I almost made it to gift instead of the chocolate mousse pie. It is another easy and delicious pie. I also love these no-bake cheesecakes. These individual no-bake strawberry cheesecakes are perfect for parties.
One recipe makes five mini pies. It can also be made in one extra large deep dish pie plate or 9″ springform pan.
How to make chocolate mousse pie
Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 30 oreo type cookies crushed
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 4 cups chilled whipping cream divided
- 1 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 5 mini pie tins with cooking spray or one 9 inch springform pan.
Mix together crushed cookies and melted butter. Press cookie mixture evenly into the greased pie pans. Bake at 350 F for 5 minutes, allow to cool.
Combine 1 cup cream, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt, in a double boiler. Slowly heat until chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from stove and allow to cool to room temperature, stir occasionally.
Beat 2 cups chilled cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture evenly into cooled pie crusts.
Chill at least 6 hours before serving. For serving, beat remaining 1 cup cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff. Top each pie with the whipped cream. Garnish with shaved chocolate is desired.
Chocolate Mousse Pie Tips
- a food processor will finely chop the chocolate sandwich cookie to make the crust.
- be careful when whipping the cream. Beat just until soft peaks are formed….. longer and you will have butter!
- use good quality chocolate chips
- wrapping a hot damp towel around the springform pan for a few minutes will help the crust release easier. Running a knife around the edge will help also.
- a potato peeler will make chocolate curls to decorate the top of the pie
Now you are ready to share this out of this world velvety chocolate mousse pie your chocolate loving friends.
Tomorrow I will share these cute labels to gift pie!