I made these cute wooden chocolate Easter bunnies for my porch from a simple template. This easy craft project would also be a fun Easter decoration for an egg hunt or Easter party! To get started, just print the free Easter bunny drawing template, and follow along with the step-by-step instructions below to make your own!
DIY Easter Decoration
This is an easy DIY project that will be a festive addition to your home. The printable rabbit template makes it super easy. Just cut the wood and paint. You can make the bunny rabbits any size you like!
Wooden Chocolate Bunny Supplies
- Chocolate Bunny Template
- 3/4 inch MDF board
- Spray paint
- Ribbon for bow (optional)
How to Make a Wooden Bunny Outdoor Easter Decoration
Enlarge the template to the size bunny you want. Our bunnies were each 30 inches tall.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
After tracing the template onto a piece of 3/4 inch thick MDF board, my husband cut the bunny out using his jigsaw. He sanded the edges smooth and attached it to a diamond shape base by pre-drilling holes (to keep it from splitting) and then countersinking the screws. Then we gave the bunny a nice chocolate brown coat of spray paint.
Tips For Making A Chocolate Easter Bunny From Wood
- Enlarging a pattern is very easy to do if you have a projector. You can also get enlarged printouts for a reasonable price at some office supply stores.
- MDF (medium-density fiberboard) is great for this project because it cuts so cleanly, but you can use other kinds of wood.
- Your bunny will hold up better if you place in a spot where it won’t get a lot of rain or other weather exposure.
More DIY Easter Projects
Looking for more festive Easter decoration ideas for your home, porch, or lawn? We have so many cute ideas!
- Spring Wreaths
- Easter Egg Suncatchers
- Crochet Carrot Baskets
- Felt Bunny Bags complete with a pom pom tail