Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Aesthetic Quotes capture the essence of the beauty found in art, nature, and culture.
These deep aesthetic quotes affirm the statement that something is beautiful or desirable to each individual and the aesthetic emotion of certain things is highly subjective and not universal. If you enjoy reading positive aesthetic quotes, try Know Your Worth Quotes and Life is Short Quotes.
- “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
- “Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away, and there is no longer art.”- Remy de Gourmont
- “In the life of the individual, an aesthetic sensibility is both more authentic and more commendable than a political or religious one.”- Tom Robbins
- “Show me what people admire, and I will tell you everything about them that matters.”― Jack McDevitt
- “Aesthetic pleasure is not to be taken lightly. It’s very important for the spirit, and therefore, the health.” – Robert Bateman
- “When you’re talking about Tim Burton, you’re talking about a guy that has such a visual sense, an aesthetic, a storytelling style. It’s like he’s got his own genre.”-Jackie Earle Haley
- “In simple words, ‘Beauty’ is what gladdens the heart. Neither a symmetrical face nor a shapely body – If the sight of you generates happiness, you’re beautiful.”-Adeel Ahmed Khan
- “Color directly influences the soul. Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the hammers, the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another purposively, to cause vibrations in the soul.”-Wassily Kandinsky
- “Aesthetic matters are fundamental for the harmonious development of both society and the individual.” – Friedrich Schiller
- “I have been using art as a means to the emotions of life and reading into it the ideas of life.”- Clive Bell
- “Appreciate the aesthetic and creativity of nature and be grateful for being part of it.”-M.F. Moonzajer.
- “We find beauty not in the thing itself but in the patterns of shadows, the light, and the darkness that one thing against another creates.” – Jun’ichirō Tanizaki
- “I think it’s more accurate to think of aesthetics as a key ingredient in a recipe, as opposed to the icing on the cake.” – Stephen P. Anderson
- “There is an aesthetic excitement about painting which is one of the most beautiful experiences that can be. Put things down while you feel that joy.” – Charles Webster Hawthorne
- “‘Tis the perception of the beautiful, a fine extension of the faculties, platonic, universal, wonderful, drawn from the stars, and filtered through the skies, Without which life would be extremely dull.” – Lord Byron
- “The aesthetic serviceability of objects of beauty is not greatly nor universally heightened by possession.” -Thorstein Veblen
- “All great art is the work of the whole living creature, body and soul, and chiefly of the soul.” -John Ruskin
- “The more people explore the world, the more they realize in every country there’s a different aesthetic. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.” Helena Christensen
- “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.”E. O. Wilson
- “[Beauty] exists merely in the mind which contemplates [things], and each mind perceives a different beauty; and every individual ought to acquiesce in his own sentiment, without pretending to regulate those of others.”- David Hume
- “The aesthetics aren’t merely a side note. They’re as important as anything else.” – Sylvain Neuvel
- “It’s better to have a hunger and appreciation for beauty than to be merely beautiful. In the end, life is richer that way.” – Susan Vreeland
- “Nothing’s perfect, the world’s not perfect. But it’s there for us, trying the best it can; that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.” – Hiromu Arakawa
- “The eye is the painter and the ear is the singer.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It’s hard to combine a simple life with a love of aesthetics.” – Marty Rubin
- “Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.” ― Sophia Loren
- “Styles may change, details may come and go, but the broad demands of aesthetic judgment are permanent.” – Roger Scruton
- “To so enter into it in nature and art that the enjoyed meanings of life may become a part of living is the attitude of aesthetic appreciation.” – George Herbert Mead
- “Aesthetic freedom is like free speech. It is, indeed, a form of free speech.” – George Edward Woodberry
- “I don’t need to be so full of myself that I feel I am without flaw. I can feel beautiful and imperfect at the same time. I have a healthy relationship with my aesthetic insecurities.” – Lupita Nyong’o
- “I always loved aesthetics. Not particularly fashion, but an idea of beauty.” —Miuccia Prada
- “I hate that aesthetic game of the eye and the mind, played by these connoisseurs, these mandarins who “appreciate” beauty. What is beauty, anyway? There’s no such thing. I never “appreciate,” any more than I “like.” I love, or I hate.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern.” – Alfred North Whitehead
- “Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
How to Use These Aesthetic Short Quotes
These aesthetic deep short quotes can be used by you or those you share them with in several ways. These quotes go much deeper than talking about what is beautiful and not beautiful, so some of them may require more that one read-through to catch the realize the full meaning.
Challenge yourself to match one quote to a piece of art, musical composition, text (literature) or something from the natural world. Take these quotes with you on your next trip to the museum and see which pieces of art resonate with you, match them to one of these quotes. Share one quote each day on your social media accounts, making sure you credit the author, and pair the quote with one of the photos on your camera roll.
Beautiful Things to Make and Do
Included below are things to make, cook (eat), and do. Handmade from the heart to spread joy to others is an aesthetic that resonates with me.I think you and I might share similar aesthetics, because you are here! Please let me know in the comments what you tried!