SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
DIY Greeting Card Scrapbook
Making a DIY Memory Keeping Craft is a easy way be creative and craft with kids this summer. It is a fun kids activity your children will love doing this summer. If you are looking for more boredom busting ideas check out all our summer crafts and activities ideas to keep kids active and entertained this summer! The best craft bloggers are sharing fun kids crafts! From making a Egg Carton Caterpillar to a DIY Handprint Craft you will find fun creative ideas!
Hi! Kathy from CraftyChica.com here, guest posting on Skip To My Lou! I'm super excited to be here, as I've been a longtime fan of this site!
Okay, let's do this!
It's still summer, yet the end is right around the corner. Think of all the friends you've met, as well as family members you connected with! Here's an easy way to make the memories last - turn a blank greeting card into a little scrapbook! You can use it to add printed out Instagram photos, funny sayings you heard all summer, song lyrics, jokes, whatever seemed to be the topic of the season! The best part about this project is that it only takes a few minutes and uses supplies you probably already have on hand.
To make this project, you'll need:
- Scrapbook paper
- Blank greeting card (or a store bought card will do too!)
- Scissors or paper cutters
- Hole punch
1. Cut three pieces of scrapbook paper 1/8" smaller than than the opened card.
2. Once you have them all cut, fold them in half. Use a bone folder to crease them nicely!
3. Choose three sheets and use the hole punch to make a hole on each end of each sheet.
4. Set the folded sheets inside the card, centered. Put the tip of a pen inside the holes you made and make a tiny mark on the greeting card spine. Punch holes on the dots.
5. Thread a piece of yarn through all the holes and tie in a bow on the outside spine.
6. If you are using a blank greeting card, decorate the front of it! You can also add pictures and notes inside. Instead of scrapbook paper, you can even use envelopes so you can insert things too!
Well, I hope you liked my quick and easy project for Craft Camp!
Kathy Cano-Murillo is an author, artist and founder of CraftyChica.com. When she isn't using her glue gun and scissors, she is writing novels about women who do! Check out her site for more info!