Chicken Taco Soup
Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips!
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 16 ounce can chili beans undrained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can whole kernel corn undrained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 2 pounds chicken breasts about 3 breasts, cubed
- 1 cup water (or broth)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon table salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- shredded Cheddar cheese (optional) optional
- sour cream optional
- crushed tortilla chips optional
Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, chicken and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add seasonings, and stir to blend.
Crock Pot: Cook on low heat, cover, and cook for 6-8 hours. Instant Pot: Cook on high-pressure manual for 15 minutes with 10 min natural release.
Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
This soup makes a great dump meal! Place all the ingredients (except water or broth) in a gallon zip lock bag. Label with a note to add 1 cup water.
If frozen add 10 minutes to the Instant Pot cooking time. Cook 8 hours in the crock pot.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 1178mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4.9mg