George's Chili Recipe
The best chili recipe.. rich, robust and super delicious! Top with sour cream, cheddar cheese and jalapeños to really throw it over the top.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 7 to 8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper cayenne
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2- 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1-12 ounce bottle dark beer or ale George used Ale
- 3-8 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2-15 oz cans southwest style pinto beans
- 1-15 oz can mild chili beans beans
- 1-15 oz can western style ranch beans
- 1-10 can mild Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
In a stock pot, over medium high heat brown beef and sausage, drain. Add in onion and garlic and cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent.
Add all the spices and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and let cook while opening the lids on all the cans. Add remaining chili ingredients; stir until combined. Heat to boiling for a few minutes and stir constantly then reduce heat to low. Cover, simmer 4 hours stirring about every 20 minutes to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Serve with crackers, cheese, or other things such as chopped jalapeño peppers or chopped fresh onions.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 949mg | Potassium: 1001mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1260IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 5.4mg