Red White & Blue Strawberries
Celebrate with red, white, and blue strawberries! Dip in white chocolate, add blue sanding sugar, and enjoy a deliciously patriotic treat. Perfect for festive occasions!
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (about 10-12 ounces)(reserve a generous tablespoon of chips for tempering if needed)
or white candy coating
- 2 lbs long-stemmed strawberries
- 4 ounces blue sanding sugar
Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler or melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for 30 second intervals stirring at each interval until melted.
Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat and add the reserved chocolate chips. Stir until the additional chocolate has melted.
Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the white chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
Immediately dip bottom of strawberry in blue sanding sugar.
Set strawberries on the parchment paper.
Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
How to make your own double boiler:
NOTE: If using candy coating the chocolate does not need to be tempered (add a small bit of chocolate to the melted chocolate), do be sure to melt the candy coating slowly. Candy coating that is melted too hot and quickly will dry and thicken.
- Fill a saucepan ¼ full with water and bring the water to a low gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and set a large (heat-proof) bowl on top, making sure the bowl tightly covers the pot. Make sure there are a few inches of space between the bottom of the bowl and the water.
- Add chocolate to the bowl and stir constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from heat and add a handful of reserved chocolate to the bowl to temper the chocolate. Stir until the additional chocolate has melted.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.2mg