SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
Summer Heart Banner
I am excited to be offering 30 days of fun crafts to keep kids active and entertained this summer! You won’t want to miss a day of these fun crafts for kids from some amazing bloggers! Please be sure to pay them a visit!
Hi! I’m Angie, and I’m thrilled to be here. I’m a mama to a lot, and even though writing is my passion, mothering and crafting is something I’m also passionate about. I write about motherhood, show off my kids much to their chagrin and showcase parties and craft ideas at my place, Seven Clown Circus. I’m a word loving, book devouring, sunshine hoarding, sugar scrub and craft loving mama to 5. I’m also an organizationally devout, stringer of letters, words and paragraphs.
Today I want to share with you how to make a fun Heart-with-Art-work banner that will appeal to both boys and girls and can be super versatile. It can be used as
- a Father’s Day banner
- it can be used to display summer art work
- as a gift for grandparents
- or just to decorate the house because it’s just that adorable!
Finding a crafty project that appeals to all of my kiddos can be a challenge, that’s why this craft was so fabulous. The project was perfect because 4 of my 5 kids worked on it and it will serve two purposes. It will be a Father’s Day gift and then it will double as a Summer-Art-Work-Display Banner. SCORE!
- Glue Stick
- Card Stock for art work
- (3) pieces of 12″ X 12″ double sided OR solid colored card stock for hearts
- paper cutter
Instructions for Making Hearts
- Cut (3) 12X12″ pieces of scrapbooking paper into 1″ strips. Note: each piece of paper will make two hearts. We used 3 pieces of paper to make 6 hearts.
- Cut twelve of each size: 12″, 10″, and 8″ strips. Set aside the twelve 4″ strips that came from the 8″ cutting. This sounds confusing, but basically, for each piece of paper you’ll have 4 sets of strips. A 12″ set, a 10″ set, a 8″ set and then the 4″ left over strips.
- Use the glue stick to glue two of the 4″ strips the same pattern on each side. This will be the tab that the heart will hang from at the top.
- Take two piles of the 12″, 10″, 8″ strips and put them face to face; the order is important. Layer them in this order: 4″, 12″, 10″, 8″. Staple the strips at the bottom.
- Fold the top of the strips over and pinch to form a heart and staple at the bottom.
Assemble the Banner
We made tabs on the top of art work from left over pieces of card stock and stapled them on. We then threaded them through the twine to assemble the banner. It was really simple and turned out so well!
And that’s how we made an easy peasy Summer Heart Banner that’s sure to keep the kids busy and the recipient thrilled. Happy Crafting!