Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Ruthie is regular guest poster over here at Skip to my Lou! I love to see what she is making in her kitchen!
Hello to all of Skip to my Lou’s friends!
I’m Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie.com .
Summer weather has finally come to stay around our neck of the woods.
So, I thought it’d be fun share a refreshing summer treat for the Summer Craft Camp that you and your kids will have lots of fun in the kitchen making together!
Strawberry Soup with Angel Food Cake Croutons
- 2 lbs strawsberries, hulled (reserving 2 berries)
- 1 1/2 C ice, crushed
- 2 Tbsp sugar or agave
- 2 slices pre-made angle food cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut angel food cake slices into 1×1 inch cubes.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned and crunchy, stirring once.
- Slice reserved strawberries for garnish.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine strawberries, ice, and agave.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into four bowls.
- Garnish with croutons and strawberry slices
* Want to learn a quick and easy way to slice strawberries? Here’s a video from my Kitchen Tip Series that shows you how!
Strawberry Soup with Angel Food Cake Croutons is a fun recipe to make in the kitchen with the kids this summer!
They’ll be thrilled to help with cooking something that turns out so lovely and delicious too 🙂
While we’re thinking about fun summertime recipes to make with the kiddos- here are a couple of others to enjoy…
Thanks so much for letting me visit with you today! I hope your summer is filled with lots of fun memories and that you’ll have fun with these kid friendly recipes 🙂
I’d LOVE to have you stop by and visit with me anytime at www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
Happy Cooking! xoxo~ Ruthie