Sprinkles to my Cupcake | Printable Chalkboard Art Valentine’s Day Cards
Hi there! This is Jessica, owner and creative director of Pen N’ Paperflowers.
I share darling party inspiration, fun craft projects, yummy baking ideas, and all things creative on my blog. I offer cute printable party packages in my shoppe
and I’ve also designed a patent-pending product called The Pastry Pedestal™.
When I’m not sharing fun things on my own blog, I’m working on adorable things to share as a blog contributor for Hostess with the Mostess.
I’m absolutely thrilled to have been invited to participate in the Valentine’s Day Series here on Skip to My Lou.
I hope you love the last-minute Valentine’s Day idea I’ve created…
With only a couple of days left before we officially celebrate, I knew I’d need to share something simple enough, unique and absolutely adorable…
so as to help you fend off the last-minute temptation to purchase those generic boxed Valentine’s cards you can find everywhere. *wink*
With just a few supplies you are well on your way to the cutest last-minute Valentine’s Day Cards ever!!
Say hello to the “You are the Sprinkles to my Cupcake” Chalkboard Art Valentines Day Cards!
I’m all about the Chalkboard Art craze that has taken over and I’m in love with this mini version I designed just for Valentine’s Day. I hope you love them too!
– FREE “Sprinkles to my Cupcake” printable Valentine’s Day Cards
– Scissors or paper trimmer
– 1.5 inch Round Craft Punch
– Cupcake Sprinkles
– Mini Ziploc Bags
– Cupcakes (optional)
I’ll let the photos do the talking first and then the verbal instructions will be at the bottom of the post…
Super cute…am I right?!
I’m in love with how they turned out.
Here’s the verbal HOW-TO:
1. Print Valentine’s Day Cards.
2. Trim to size using scissors or a paper trimmer.
3. Fold in half.
4. Use a 1.5″ Round Craft Punch to create a circle through the middle of the
5. Unfold card and have your child (or yourself) fill out the “To” and “From” portion of the cards
6. Fill a mini ziploc bag a little more than 1/2 full with sprinkles of your choice.
7. Refold card and slide the mini ziploc bag filled with sprinkles into the middle of the card.
8. Staple the card closed – being sure the staple penetrates through the top of the mini ziploc bag.
Present a frosted SPRINKLE-FREE cupcake along with the Valentine’s Day card shown here.
Simply send in (or bring in) some mini cupcakes to present to each child along with their “Sprinkles to my Cupcake” card.
Now each child can have double the fun by decorating their cupcake and THEN eating it too.
GREAT TEACHER GIFT IDEA:
Include a pretty cupcake nestled in a cute cupcake box.
Tie it up in a darling ribbon, attach your “Sprinkles to my Cupcake” card from your child and you’ve got an adorable teacher gift for them to give.
Thanks so much for allowing me to share this with you today.
I hope I’ve been able to inspire you…
And even if your Valentine’s are already done – be sure to “Pin” this idea for next year!! *wink*
While you are busy pinning Valentine’s Day inspiration…here are a few more links to some other things I’ve shared recently:
– Pink + Gold Valentine’s Day Inspiration
– Mini Chocolate Sweetheart Truffles
– FREE Printable “Love Story” Chalkboard Art Print
– Sparkle + Shine Valentine’s Cupcakes
– Chocolate Ganache Frosted Cupcakes
If you love the Chalkboard Art craze as much as I do, be sure to follow my Chalkboard Art Pinterest Board! Lots of inspiration there!
You can find/visit me in these places anytime you’d like – I’d LOVE to have you!!
Pen N’ Paperflowers Blog
Pen N’ Paperflowers on Pinterest
Pen N’ Paperflowers on Facebook
Pen N’ Paperflowers on Instagram
Pen N’ Paperflowers on Twitter
Pen N’ Paperflowers’ Shoppe