What kiddo wouldn’t love to stick their hand into a shark’s mouth to deliver a Valentine card? This shark Valentine box makes a big impact and is sure to bring the giggles this Valentine’s Day.
Make your life easy by using my printable template and have a blast making this shark valentine card box. Kids love sharks and will have so much fun with this friendly guy.
Shark Valentine Box Supplies
- blue copy paper (I used 5 sheets to cover the shoebox) or wrapping paper
- 1 sheet of red copy paper
- white cardstock
- color printer
- gluestick (hot glue gun works if used by an adult, please)
- printable shark (color)
- printable shark (black and white) Use as a template to cut the shapes out of colored paper.
- knife to cut a hole in the shoe box
- Download and print the pdf in color on white cardstock.
- Cut the mouth out of the body. Place the body piece on the show box and draw around the mouth.
- Cut out the mouth hole on the box. Notice the mouth is big enough for cards and treats.
- Wrap the shoe box with blue paper. Make slits in the blue paper in the mouth area and fold them inside and tape them.
- Not shown, tape a piece of red paper inside of the box.
- Stick the teeth to the back of the body piece in the mouth area.
- Stick the body to the wrapped shoebox.
- Glue on eyes and nostrils.
- Place glue on the back of the fins and fold them in half.
- Glue fins to box.
Before You Swim Away
I’ve got so many fun Valentine box ideas to share! Take a peek at the unique ways these first 4 use shoeboxes and the last one uses a heart-shaped candy box.
- Craft the cutest puppy dog valentine box in minutes. Free printables help you easily turn a shoebox in the cutest card holder for all those classroom valentines.
- Monster Valentine Box is the perfect cardholder, plus you can create yours in a variety of ways with these printables!
- Who loves unicorns? My Magical Unicorn Valentine Box is glittery, flowery and oh so magical. I think I just talked myself into making one for myself this year!
- Tricia at trillustrations created this Mini Diorama Valentine Box kit, complete with- box template, background pattern pages, foreground pieces and fun little things to add to your box. It is a cute idea and an explosion of pink and purple and hearts.
- DIY Chalkboard Valentine Candy Box is made using Valentine heart-shaped candy boxes, chalkboard paint and chalk to create unique and one-of-a-kind Valentine’s boxes. If you love creative, crafty things, you will want to try this one.
Thank you for being here with me today and please let me know how liked this tutorial and how your shark box turned out!