Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
I am excited to be offering 30 days of fun crafts to keep kids active and entertained this summer! You won’t want to miss a day of these fun crafts for kids from some amazing bloggers! Please be sure to pay them a visit!
Recycled Bracelet Craft for Kids
Hello, I’m Amy Locurto, a graphic designer and one of those “fun” moms. You know, the kind who doesn’t mind the dishes piling up in the sink?! I blog about party ideas, crafts and my creative life over on LivingLocurto.com.
I’m excited to be sharing a simple craft idea for kids with you today!
Are you a coffee drinker? I never was until I had kids. Oh, the things our kids can drive us to do right? Well, now I am addicted to my cup of Joe each morning and I can’t tell you how many Starbucks cup sleeves I have stored away for a rainy day craft or a scolding hot Texas summer craft!
If you love Starbucks as much as I do, instead of tossing the cardboard cup sleeves away, try making some cute bracelets. Not only is this a recycled craft, but a great activity to do with kids as well.
Gather your cardboard cup sleeves, glue, tape, stapler, scissors, ribbon, stickers, markers, paint, or any other items you want to use to decorate a bracelet.
- Start by trimming the cardboard to the size you need. Make skinny bracelets, cut shapes on the edges of them… just get creative!
- You will want to decorate the inside of the cardboard sleeve, so roll the cardboard inside out. Rolling it like this makes the cardboard curve the correct way, so you can wear it.
- Use ribbon, paint, crayons, markers or any other items you want to use for decorations.
- Staple or glue embellishments to your liking. Then hot glue or staple the ends together.
- Make one for yourself too! It’s fun!
You can make all kinds of jewelry with cardboard. Check out the Cute DIY Rings I made out of cardboard!