I love pumpkin and this pumpkin sheet cake my sister-in-law makes is delicious! You will love how moist and spicy it is. The best part is that it is lower in fat than regular pumpkin cake or bars!
This pumpkin sheet cake is the perfect fall dessert recipe. If you love pumpkin as much as I do you have to try my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and this pumpkin bread recipe is the best ever! If you need a yummy dip for a party my pumpkin cheesecake dip will be sure to satisfy! You also don’t want to miss pumpkin muffins with only three ingredients. It doesn’t get any easier than that. My newest way to have pumpkin cake is utilizing the Instant Pot. This chocolate chip pumpkin bundt cake is divine!
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Delicious moist pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 15- ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 Tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 6 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by the 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the icing, combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on the cooled pumpkin cake.
If you are looking for a lower fat version of pumpkin cake that is still super moist and full of flavor give this pumpkin sheet cake a try!
For another great pumpkin recipe. This pumpkin gooey butter cake is the perfect fall dessert!