Preparing school lunch can be a drag. By the time, Summer comes around we all celebrate a break from packing lunches. I’ve even had to make a few early morning grocery runs when I have forgotten lunch supplies. Keeping lunch choices healthy and interesting can be challenging for us. Especially the main part, the sandwich. Do your kids get sick of sandwiches? Sometimes I wonder how many uneaten sandwiches get thrown away at the schools. Let’s face it, it’s hard to eat the same thing every single day. I am always looking for new ideas. Here are five no sandwich lunch ideas your kids will love. With just a little planning you will have a lunch your kids, will actually eat!
Left Overs for Lunch
Use a soup thermos to bring their favorite leftover dinner to school. A soup thermos will keep it warm for lunch. I love that this idea keeps us from wasting food!
This simple recipe is a favorite around here.
Honey mustard dressing
Simply roll and pack it up.
Using a smart lunchbox place the following items or come up with some of your own.
I like to add a fruit option like grapes.
These homemade uncrustables taste a lot better than their store-bought counterpart and are easy to make!
Mac & Cheese
I bet you never thought of this kid-pleasing idea for school lunch! But Mac & Cheese stays perfect in a soup thermos. Your kids will love having it for lunch.
- This soup thermos allows you a lot of flexibility in packing lunches. Keeps food hot!
- A good reusable lunch bag will keep things cold.
- I love this reusable water bottle. It keeps drinks cold and I am not buying sugary juice boxes.
- These easy lunch boxes are by far my favorite thing for packing lunches. It keeps foods in their own area and allows you a lot of options.
- Ice packs are necessary. This ice pack is super thin so they don’t take up all the space for food.
Don’t Forget the Lunch Notes
My son loves taking hot left overs in his thermos! Great ideas, thanks!