Preparing school lunch can be a drag. By the time, Summer comes around we all celebrate a break from packing lunches. I’ve even had to make a few early morning grocery runs when I have forgotten lunch supplies. Keeping lunch choices healthy and interesting can be challenging for us. Especially the main part, the sandwich. Do your kids get sick of sandwiches? Sometimes I wonder how many uneaten sandwiches get thrown away at the schools. Let’s face it, it’s hard to eat the same thing every single day. I am always looking for new ideas. Here are five no sandwich lunch ideas your kids will love. With just a little planning you will have a lunch your kids, will actually eat!
Left Overs for Lunch
Use a soup thermos to bring their favorite leftover dinner to school. A soup thermos will keep it warm for lunch. I love that this idea keeps us from wasting food!
This simple recipe is a favorite around here.
Honey mustard dressing
Simply roll and pack it up.
Using a smart lunchbox place the following items or come up with some of your own.
I like to add a fruit option like grapes.
These homemade uncrustables taste a lot better than their store-bought counterpart and are easy to make!
Mac & Cheese
- This soup thermos allows you a lot of flexibility in packing lunches. Keeps food hot!
- A good reusable lunch bag will keep things cold.
- I love this reusable water bottle. It keeps drinks cold and I am not buying sugary juice boxes.
- These easy lunch boxes are by far my favorite thing for packing lunches. It keeps foods in their own area and allows you a lot of options.
- Ice packs are necessary. This ice pack is super thin so they don’t take up all the space for food.