I love coffee! If I am going to have a fancy coffee drink I am easily satisfied with black coffee spiked with homemade Irish Cream Liqueur, making a simple and delicious Irish coffee.
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day here is a traditional Irish Coffee recipe. The great thing about this recipe is that you do not have to wait until St. Patrick’s Day to make it, you can enjoy it as an after-dinner drink or when you want a warm soothing drink.
What’s Needed to Make this Delicious Irish Cofee?
To make this delicious and creamy coffee you just need these four ingredients and your favorite coffee cup.
- Brown sugar
- Irish Whiskey
- Heavy cream (beaten until lightly thickened)
Pour hot coffee in a mug, add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in Irish whiskey. Top with the thickened heavy cream by pouring cream gently over the back of a spoon to help the cream float rather than sink into the coffee mixture.
Irish Coffee Recipe
- Coffee maker
- Coffee cup
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Table Spoon
- 1 1/2 Cups Coffee
- 1 to 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Irish Whiskey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pour hot coffee in a mug, add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in Irish whiskey.
- Beat heavy cream until lightly thickened.
- Top the coffee with Irish whiskey stirred in with the thickened heavy cream. Pour the thickened heavy cream gently over the back of a spoon to help the cream float rather than sink into the coffee mixture.