If you are looking for a fun and festive dessert to serve this Easter make this adorable Easter Bunny Cake! Made from two round cakes and decorated with frosting, this cake is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults. Follow this simple recipe to create a cute and tasty centerpiece for your Easter celebration.
Watch Easter Bunny Cake Video
How to Make an Easter Bunny Cake
This classic recipe couldn’t be any easier to put together. Grab the kids and have some fun in the kitchen creating your very own bunny!
- Bake two round cake layers according to the instructions on the box. Allow the cakes to cool completely before assembling the bunny face.
- Place one of the round cakes on a large serving platter. This will be the bunny’s face.
- Cut the other cake according the the cutting guide below. Place the cut pieces above the bunny’s face for the bunny ears and the middle piece below the face for the bow tie.
- Use black frosting to create the bunny’s eyes and mouth. You can also use candy to create the bunny features.
- Frost the entire bunny face, including the ears with colored frosting. We used pink frosting with a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
easter bunny cake pattern
Here is the bunny cake cutting diagram.
Note: If you prefer, you can also use fondant, gum paste, sprinkles, and or candy for face decoration.
This is how our little boy decorated the bunny cake. He covered the cake with white frosting and shredded coconut. Black jelly beans were added for the eyes. We didn’t have any but licorice would make great whiskers. This easy Easter bunny cake is such a fun activity for kids.