If you are looking for a fun and festive dessert to serve this Easter make this adorable Easter Bunny Cake! Made from two round cakes and decorated with frosting, this cake is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults. Follow this simple recipe to create a cute and tasty centerpiece for your Easter celebration.
Watch Easter Bunny Cake Video
How to Make an Easter Bunny Cake
This classic recipe couldn’t be any easier to put together. Grab the kids and have some fun in the kitchen creating your very own bunny!
- Bake two round cake layers according to the instructions on the box. Allow the cakes to cool completely before assembling the bunny face.
- Place one of the round cakes on a large serving platter. This will be the bunny’s face.
- Cut the other cake according the the cutting guide below. Place the cut pieces above the bunny’s face for the bunny ears and the middle piece below the face for the bow tie.
- Use black frosting to create the bunny’s eyes and mouth. You can also use candy to create the bunny features.
- Frost the entire bunny face, including the ears with colored frosting. We used pink frosting with a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
easter bunny cake pattern
Here is the bunny cake cutting diagram.
Note: If you prefer, you can also use fondant, gum paste, sprinkles, and or candy for face decoration.
This is how our little boy decorated the bunny cake. He covered the cake with white frosting and shredded coconut. Black jelly beans were added for the eyes. We didn’t have any but licorice would make great whiskers. This easy Easter bunny cake is such a fun activity for kids.
Now that brings back such great memories!
This is exactly the cake my mom made for my first birthday! I made a bunny cake for my little girl’s second birthday, but it looked like Miffy.
Almost too cute to eat! How fun!
Cutie cake! I remember my mom making these for our Easter, next year I’ll have to continue the tradition! I couldn’t find your email so I’ll just let you know here that I featured one of your crafts on my new blog The Crafty Crow. I would like to send you a “As Featured On” button for your blog if you’d like. Thanks so much for all your great ideas!
great cake!!! hope you guys had a great easter!
How cute, they did a good job!
Whoa. Great cake. My 11 year old would have loved to make this. She made cupcakes instead… but she might have to tackle this one next year! xo
I was just thinking about this cake. My sister-in-law ALWAYS does a bunny cake at Easter.
Comments are closed.