Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Looking for something quick and yummy for New Year’s Eve? I love these recipes.
From Bon Appetit,
- 11 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), room temperature
- 2 7-ounce containers prepared pesto
- 1 1-pound French bread baguette, cut into 6-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Purée goat cheese in processor.Mix in 7 ounces pesto. Transfer to medium bowl.(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving). Can also be frozen, thaw completely before serving.
Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Halve each bread piece lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 1 1/4-inch-wide strips. Combine 7 ounces pesto and oil in small bowl. Brush bread with pesto mixture. Grill until brown, about 45 seconds per side. Serve with cheese spread. The breadsticks can also be toasted in the oven on broil.
From Guy Fieri,
- 1 (12 to 16-inch) sourdough baguette
- 2 garlic cloves, halved plus 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, place on a sheet tray and bake in the oven until lightly brown. Rub with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with 2 ounces of the olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Return to oven to melt cheese.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
Remove baguette from oven and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with basil and Parmesan.
And if you made the Onion and Pepper Relish just mix half a jar with 8 ounces softened cream cheese, YUM!