Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Looking for a fun Valentine project? This DIY Pop- Up Valentine’s card comes together quickly! Simply print and cut out the pieces, kids will love making, giving, or receiving it. Homemade valentine cards certainly beat a store bought card!
If you are looking for a fun classroom valentine for kids consider this You are a hit with me idea! Don’t miss these amazing Valentines. You’ll find lost of great free printables and you will be amazed with their cute valentine sayings and cleverness!
Thanks Lia Griffith for this great Valentine’s day pop up cards tutorial. You can pop on over to LiaGriffith.com to download the templates then follow the simple step by step instructions below to create your very own pop-up Valentine’s card. These heart shaped balloons are so fun to create!
1. You will need the templates and printables from liagriffith.com, scissors, craft knife, glue gun, ruler and twine.
2. Trim and score the flaps of your envelope using your scissors and a ruler.
3. Fold the left, right and bottom flaps in towards each other and glue together.
4. Trim the back and front of your card, the two balloon hearts and the bunting letters.
5. Using your craft knife, cut around the top outline of each cloud and around each balloon leaving a 1 inch hinge at the left edge of the pink heart and the right edge of the red heart. Bend them all out a little so that they “pop-up”.
6. Cut out your second pink and red heart and score down the middle with your ruler and scissors.
7. Glue your little “hugs” letters to a length of twine to create the bunting. Glue either end to the bottom of each heart balloon.
8. Glue along the fold of your second pink and red hearts and stick them in place on your card.
9. Glue the polka dot backing onto the card.
This crafty card is sure to make your recipient feel loved on this special holiday!