DIY pop-up Valentine's card
Looking for a fun Valentine project? This DIY Pop- Up Valentine’s card comes together quickly! Simply print and cut out the pieces, kids will love making giving or receiving it. If you are looking for a fun classroom valentine for kids consider this You are a hit with me idea! Don’t miss these amazing Valentines. I have teamed up with some of the most creative bloggers to share the cutest Valentines imaginable. Each day you will be amazed with their cleverness! Don’t miss these fabulous ideas.
Welcome Lia Griffith,
I was so pleased to be asked by Cindy to create a new Valentine’s project for her readers. This Valentine has been all about animals for me – I’ve made animal candy huggers, printable Valentine cards and cute heart hugging teddy bears. This pop-up card is the ultimate in Valentine’s cuteness – fluffy clouds, big red and pink heart balloons and a couple of gorgeous kitties! Pop on over to LiaGriffith.com to download the templates then follow the simple step by step instructions below to create your very own pop-up Valentine’s card. Have fun!
1. You will need the templates and printables from liagriffith.com, scissors, craft knife, glue gun, ruler and twine.
2. Trim and score the flaps of your envelope using your scissors and a ruler.
3. Fold the left, right and bottom flaps in towards each other and glue together.
4. Trim the back and front of your card, the two balloon hearts and the bunting letters.
5. Using your craft knife, cut around the top outline of each cloud and around each balloon leaving a 1 inch hinge at the left edge of the pink heart and the right edge of the red heart. Bend them all out a little so that they “pop-up”.
6. Cut out your second pink and red heart and score down the middle with your ruler and scissors.
7. Glue your little “hugs” letters to a length of twine to create the bunting. Glue either end to the bottom of each heart balloon.
8. Glue along the fold of your second pink and red hearts and stick them in place on your card.
9. Glue the polka dot backing onto the card.
Handcrafted lifestyle is what Lia Griffith knows best. With a background in graphic design, Lia is a daily DIYer, photographer, stylist, paper craft designer and big dreamer. She launched her handcrafted lifestyle blog liagriffith.com in the Spring of 2013, offering daily projects, printables and inspiration.