This Christmas, add some festive flair to your door with a DIY felt poinsettia wreath. This craft is simple and fun, and the results are beautiful!
Today, I’m going to share with you a super easy, inexpensive and most importantly CUTE Christmas wreath! If you don’t have a wreath on your door yet this year, you’ve gotta try this.
Supplies for Felt Wreath
- wreath form
- Red felt
- Red satin for bow (optional) or Red ribbon
- Berry embellishments
How to Make a Felt Poinsettia Christmas Wreath
- First, you’ll take your wreath form and wrap it in red ribbon. I used red, satin ribbon.
- Next, cut out lots and lots of petals! I did two sizes of a tear drop shape with a point on both ends to get the look of the poinsettia petal.
- Third, layer your larger size petals in the shape of a flower on your wreath form, using hot glue to hold them in place.
- Next, take your smaller petals and run a thin line of hot glue along the bottom.
- Pinch your felt petal where you’ve placed your glue to create a 3D look. This helps your top layer of the flower really pop off the wreath form.
- Finally, Glue 5-6 petals in a cluster to create your poinsettia. I did some flowers with 5 petals and some with 6 depending on how full I wanted each flower to look.
Last, take some faux berries, pearls, or beads to embellish the center of each flower. I also added a few red berries poking out from behind the poinsettias just for fun.
I also decided to add a satin bow to the bottom of my wreath. I sewed a long satin sash, tied it in a bow and pinned it to the wreath form. You could also use ribbon or a pre-made bow if you want to add one! I think it would be so pretty to do a contrasting color like white or silver or a fun ribbon!
Ta-da! You’re done now you can deck your door in style with a beautiful felt poinsettia wreath.