Crockpot chocolate peanut clussters are incredibly easy and delicious! I have made this crock pot candy for a couple of years now and the peanut clusters are a favorite for family and friends. It is an easy candy recipe for your slow cooker! I know you will love this Crockpot candy and it makes a ton perfect for gift giving.
This CrockPot candy, also called slow cooker candy, is adapted from a great recipe found online called Mr. Bud Candy. I see that Tricia Yearwood also has a version of this crockpot chocolate covered peanuts recipe.
During the busy holiday season, the crock pot can make easy snacks and meals. From Crock Pot Chex Mix to perfect Crock Pot Baked Potatoes the crockpot will keep your family well fed. I love these unique crock pot recipes. I am also a huge fan of the Instant Pot. Check out my Instant Pot Recipes.
CrockPot Candy Ingredients
- 1 – 16-ounce container salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 – 16-ounce container lightly salted dry roasted peanuts (if you can find, otherwise use another container of salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 4 ounces German’s Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar (green package), broken into pieces
- 2 pounds of good quality white chocolate candy coating sometimes called candy melts (or white Almond Bark)
It is really important to purchase high quality melting chocolate. I personally feel Almond Bark has too much wax and I am not a fan of the flavor of Wilton brand candy coating.
CrockPot Candy Recipe
Crock Pot Candy
- 16 ounces container salted dry roasted peanuts
- 16 ounces container lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- 12 ounes package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German's Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar green package, broken into pieces
- 2 pounds good quality white chocolate candy coating also called Almond Bark
- Place ingredients into a 4 or 5-quart crockpot in EXACT order as listed. This recipe is made best by following the recipe ingredients! Cover and cook on LOWEST setting for 3 hours. I cook my candy for 1 hour on low setting and then on the warm setting for 2 hours. DO NOT remove lid! The mixture will not be melted but will be soft. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop candy onto wax paper or place into candy cups. Let cool thoroughly. Makes approximately 125 pieces.
How do you make crock pot candy?
Put the peanuts and the rest of the ingredients into a 4 or 5-quart crockpot in EXACT order as listed. This easy crockpot peanut clusters recipe is made best by following the recipe ingredients! Cover and cook on LOWEST setting for 3 hours. I cook my candy for 1 hour on low setting and then on the warm setting for 2 hours. DO NOT remove lid! The mixture will not be melted but will be soft. Mix thoroughly.
Scoop candy onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper (or wax paper ) or place into candy cups. Let the candies set and cool thoroughly at room temperature. Makes approximately 125 pieces. This candy recipe makes a ton so it is perfect for holiday parties.
Crockpot Candy Tips:
Not all crock pots and slow cookers are created equal. Slow cookers can actually cook hotter and burn the candy. Be sure to choose the lowest setting. If your crockpot is below 275 watts (look at the bottom of the crockpot for wattage), you should not have any problem with the candy burning if you follow the ingredients and the directions. Candy should not smell like it is burning.
Now you know how to make peanut clusters in a crock pot. I hope you love this crockpot candy! For another great treat try these peanut butter corn chip cookies! They are a great no-bake recipe. If you have a friend with allergies but would like to gift them a sweet treat try these homemade peppermint patties. They are dairy free and gluten free!