Hi there all you Skip to My Lou peeps! My name is Ashton, and I’m the blogger behind Something Swanky where I blog about desserts and DIY blog design. I’m absolutely thrilled to be here as I’m a long time Skip to My Lou reader, myself!
Earlier this week, I posted a recipe for Caramel Potato Chip Fudge— which I thought would be an instant hit, given it’s obvious deliciousness. I mean, right?
And many of my reader did in fact love it. But I was surprised at the some of the skeptical comments I received on Pinterest, all variations of: “Ew! Who eats potato chips and chocolate??”
Um, hello! This girl does. Right here.
Oh. And it’s awesome.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Raise your hand if you’ve ever dipped your french fries in your Frosty at Wendy’s?? And loved it? (both of my hands are waaaaaay up!)
And surely you’ve have had a chocolate covered potato chip?! And maybe even that new Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream with Chocolate Covered Potato Chips in it? Mmmmmmm.
I love a good salty-sweet combination, and Chocolate Covered Potato chips are a 5-star salty-sweet combo in my book. But you know what makes a chocolate covered potato chip even better?
I used butterfingers, and they were a perfect addition. But I’m sure you could use any variety of candy that chops up well. I’m thinking leftover-halloween-candy-turned-holiday-neighbor-gifts! Sneak the candy out of their halloween pails slowly… maybe they won’t notice.
Yeah, right 😉
Thank you so much to Cindy for inviting me over today! It’s been a blast. And I hope you’ll come see me over at my place sometime soon… I’ll make you dessert 🙂
You can also find me hanging around these cool places:
Chocolate Caramel Covered Butterfinger Potato Chips
Recipe Source: Something Swanky
- One bag of crinkle cut potato chips (the thicker and saltier the chip, the better)
- 1 package Kraft Caramels
- 2 tbsp. water
- Approximately 2 cups of Melting Chocolate (like Wilton’s)
- 2 whole Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- Cover a large workspace, like your kitchen table, in wax paper.
- Unwrap the caramels and place them in a microwave safe bowl (a deeper bowl/mug is better for dipping). Coat the caramels in the 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth, microwaving for 30 seconds more if necessary.
- Set caramel aside, and melt chocolate according to package directions. You may want to thin the chocolate with a teaspoon or two of coconut oil (shortening also works, just not as well).
- Make sure the crushed butterfingers are in an easily accessible bowl.
- Dip each potato chip into the caramel, 3/4 of the way. Let cool and dry on the wax paper.
- Once the caramel has firmed on the chips (only takes a few minutes), dip the chips in the chocolate (don’t worry if some of the caramel sticks to the wax paper). Immediately sprinkle the crushed butterfinger over each dipped potato chip. Set on wax paper to let harden.