Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Today we have the talented Ashley from Make It and Love It getting us prepared to do some fun painting with kids. This adorable art smock would also make a great gift wrapped up with a set of paints.
My little girl really loves to paint. Okay, and make a big fat mess. But it’s one of those times that if her clothes are covered…….I don’t mind. Have at it sista!!
But she hasn’t had clothing protection until now.
Her own little art smock.
And just the perfect size.
Keep in mind that you can create whatever size you’d like. Even one for you. However, the dimensions given were created for an almost 3 year old.
- a piece of fabric that is 15 x 40 inches (I used cotton)
- a piece of fabric that is 8 x 15 inches
- a piece of fabric that is 3 x 35 inches
- 2 packages of double folded bias tape. (I bought the narrow but I think next time I’d buy one package of narrow and one package of wide. Attaching the bias tape over the riffles turned out hard with the narrow tape.)
- Several feet of narrow ribbon
- 5 inches of wide ribbon
Now, attach some bias tape around the neck, sewing slowly as you curve it around the circle. Then sew a seam right down the center of the pocket…..turning that one big pocket into two. Make sure to back-stitch several times at the top and the bottom of that seam.
For more projects visit Make It and Love It!