If you like charcuterie boards and also have a sweet tooth like us you’re in for a treat because today we are sharing the best buttercream frosting board recipes with you!
Easy Buttercream Board Recipes
We know butter boards, and they are a great appetizer to share with friends and family. They are boards where you can spread all sorts of butter, from unsalted butter to vegan butter or real butter, homemade butter with herbs — the sky is the limit — and then eat it with warm bread. Yumm!
But in my opinion, nothing beats dessert boards, especially a cake board, or even better, a board featuring what’s on top of the cake – buttercream and frosting (the best part)!
Simply make your favorite frosting recipes, whether they are American buttercream, lemon zest frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting or classic chocolate buttercream. There’s no such thing as too much frosting!
This is the PERFECT dessert for the holiday season. For the best flavor, we recommend baking a batch or two of your favorite cookies or simple cake layers to eat the buttercream with. The difference between eating a regular slice of cake and a buttercream board is that your guests can choose from different flavors and eat exactly the amount of buttercream with each bite. No more food waste!
1. Chocolate Buttercream Board
Who doesn’t love chocolate frosting? This chocolate frosting board/chocolate buttercream board takes no time at all to make and is so easy to make, perfect for a birthday party. You can add chocolate chips or mini cookies, or any kind of shortbread. As a general rule of thumb, we suggest serving with a vanilla cake or anything that doesn’t have an overly sweet flavor. From Mimi Bakes Photos.
2. CLASSic american buttercream board
Buttercream boards are great in a pinch, but for the best flavor you’ll want the best buttercream frosting recipe we can find. Check out this buttercream board from Flavor Portal!
3. Christmas Tree Buttercream Board
If you are tired of the same Christmas cookies, it’s time to take things up a notch with a Christmas buttercream board! With easy buttercream and tasty cookie and donuts to dip, guests will obsess. Use gel food coloring to get the perfect colors to decorate your buttercream Christmas tree. From Cutefetti.
4. Sprinkles & Frosting Butter Board
We love sprinkles because they can really add a festive touch to any cake. Make your best vanilla buttercream (or your favorite buttercream recipe), add a touch of vanilla, and top it with sprinkles. Who wouldn’t love this idea?! From Tasting Table.
5. BUTTERcream Boards
Here’s a video that shows you step-by-step how to make your own buttercream board with tons of delicious ideas for you to try from the YouTube channel Charli Ann’s Heavenly Cakes. Marshmallows, fruits, cookies, muffins,, there are so many ingredients to choose from!
Supplies needed for Your frosting board
The best thing about buttercream boards is that you probably already have everything you need around. These are some of the supplies you might need to get started:
- Measuring Cups and Spoons of Various Sizes
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowls
- Offset spatula
- Electric Mixer / Stand mixer with a large bowl
- Tipless Piping Bag
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Charcuterie Board
Tips to make the perfect buttercream FROSTING
- Use real butter at room temperature.
- Use powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar to avoid making grainy buttercream.
- Sift the powdered sugar. If you don’t have a sieve, you can use the whisk attachment to break up clusters of sugar.
- Put your mixing bowl (stainless steel metal bowl is the best) in the freezer for at least an hour before making your buttercream icing.
- A good idea to step up the flavor is by adding marshmallow fluff.
- If you add too much vanilla extract or other liquids and it’s too runny, you can add cornstarch to get the desired effect.
- Simple decorating tips: add fresh fruits, sprinkles, sliced almonds – whatever you want!
- Make enough frosting to keep everyone satisfied during the whole event.
Which buttercream board is your favorite?