Have you ever wondered how to make a burlap wreath? Burlap wreaths make beautiful decorations for your home, and this wreath tutorial makes it super easy to create!
Burlap can be a versital fabric to craft with. I love to print on burlap. Yes, you can send it through your printer. I use this technique to make these printed.burlap bottle bags.
You will be surprised at how quickly it can come together and you will have created your own decoration for your home. Burlap now comes in a variety of colors so you can make a burlap wreath for any holiday! This natural burlap works perfectly for a fall burlap wreath.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
What do I need to make a burlap wreath?
All these supplies can be found at your local craft store. Burlap can also be purchased by the yard at fabric stores. Fabric stores will have a variety of burlap colors if you want to change it up.
- 1 1/2 yards burlap
- spool of burlap ribbon for bow (the wire ribbon is often easier to make a bow with)
- 200 floral pins (greening pins)
- 1 straw wreath form
- floral wire (to help make the bow and tie the ribbon to the wreath)
You won’t have any trouble making this wreath just follow along with this step by step burlap wreath tutorial.
How to make a wreath STEP BY STEP
First, cut about a 3 to a 4-inch long strip of burlap to wrap around the wreath. Fasten off with a greening pin.
Cut 4-inch squares of burlap.
Fold the four-inch square in half making a triangle.
Use a greening pin to attach to the wreath. A dab of hot glue can help secure the pins. I did not need to do this since my pins felt secure in the wreath.
I pinned along the outside edge all the way around, then the inside and finished off with a row on the front.
Once finished attach a bow and you have a festive decoration. You can see how to tie a bow on this bow tying tutorial. I used the same process that I do for making a bow for a gift package. Hang the wreath on your front door to welcome guests.
A wreath can dress up your home (especially your front door). Here are some more wreath ideas? I think these are some great ones.
Burlap Wreath Ideas
- Making a wreath doesn’t have to be hard to make. Here is a fall wreath. Thread the burlap on a wire, add some flowers for an amazing display. The lace is a nice touch!
- It might be because I live in Kansas, but I love this Sunflower Wreath.
- Don’t just make a wreath for fall you can decorate all year long. Check out this Heart Burlap Wreath.
- Here are some great ideas for DIY Christmas wreaths.
How do I make a ruffled burlap wreath?
This is a great video to learn how to loop the burlap in a wire wreath frame to make another style of a wreath. As you can see burlap is so versatile. You often see this type of wreath made with bright colors of mesh.
How many yards of burlap does it take to make a DIY burlap wreath?
- For the wreath in this tutorial, it takes 1 1/2 yards of burlap from a bolt of burlap.
- If you are making a ruffled burlap wreath on a 16-inch wire wreath frame use a 5-inch roll of burlap. It should take about 12-15 yards, depending on how full you want the wreath. Typically one roll is 10 yards.
I hope these ideas help you create a warm inviting home! There is nothing better than a cozy home and as you can see it is easy to make your own home decor! Still looking for more burlap craft ideas? Try this vintage burlap jewelry holder. It is easy to make and is a beautiful way to organize necklaces.