Have you ever wondered how to make a burlap wreath? Burlap wreaths make a beautiful decorations for your home, and this wreath tutorial makes it super easy to create!
You will be surprised at how quickly it can come together and you will have created your own decoration for your home. Burlap now comes in a variety of colors so you can make a burlap wreath for any holiday!
What do I need to make a burlap wreath?
All these supplies can be found at your local craft store. Burlap can also be purchased by the yard at fabric stores. Fabric stores will have a variety of burlap colors if you want to change it up.
- 1 1/2 yards burlap
- spool of burlap ribbon for bow (the wire ribbon is often easier to make a bow with)
- 200 floral pins (greening pins)
- 1 straw wreath form
You won’t have any trouble making this wreath just follow along step by step burlap wreath tutorial.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
How to make a burlap wreath
First, cut about a 3 to a 4-inch long strip of burlap to wrap around the wreath. Fasten off with a greening pin.
Once finished attach a bow and you have a festive decoration. You can see how to tie a bow on this bow tying tutorial. I used the same process that I do for making a bow for a gift package.
Burlap Wreath Ideas
- Making a wreath doesn’t have to be hard to make. Here is a fall wreath. Thread the burlap on a wire, add some flowers for an amazing display. The lace is a nice touch!
- It might be because I live in Kansas, but I love this Sunflower Wreath.
- Don’t just make a wreath for fall you can decorate all year long. Check out this Heart Burlap Wreath.
- Here are some great ideas for DIY Christmas wreaths.
How do I make a ruffled burlap wreath?
This is a great video to learn how to loop the burlap in a wire wreath frame to make another style of wreath. As you can see burlap is so versatile. You often see this type of wreath made with bright colors of mesh.
How many yards of burlap does it take to make a burlap wreath?
- For the wreath in this tutorial, it takes 1 1/2 yards of burlap from a bolt of burlap.
- If you are making a ruffled burlap wreath on a 16-inch wire wreath frame use a 5-inch roll of burlap. It should take about 12-15 yards, depending on how full you want the wreath. Typically one roll is 10 yards.
I hope these ideas help you create a warm inviting home! There is nothing better than a cozy home and as you can see it is easy to make your own home decor!