Handmade gifts always mean the most! With a little planning you can make heartfelt homemade gifts for everyone on your list! Are you following my Holiday Bake Craft & Crochet Series? By the end of the month Thirty Handmade Days, Your Homebased Mom and I will have shared over 100 fabulous handmade gift tutorials.
Each day be sure to visit the guest poster’s blog for a chance to win BIG! Up for grabs is a Cricut cutting machine, a Blendtec blender, a Baby Lock sewing machine and a $300 Michaels gift card! Grab a new entry every day! Visit Funky PolkaDot Giraffe today to enter to win the Baby Lock Sewing Machine.
BOOK LOVER’S RUFFLED BOOKMARK
Supplies for Book Lover’s Ruffled Bookmark
- 2.5″x9″ piece of cotton fabric
- 2.5″x18″ piece of cotton fabric
- 2.5″x9″ piece of felt
- 6″ piece of ribbon
How to make a ruffled bookmark
1. Take the 2.5″x 18″ piece of fabric, find the center. Set your tension high. Set your stitch length long. Sew right down the middle.
2. Layer your piece of felt on top of your 2.5″x9″ piece of fabric.
6. Grab your seam ripper. And carefully remove the ruffle stitch from the middle. TIP: If you have itty bitty holes from your ruffle stitch, lightly spray the fabric with water and let it air dry. VOILA! Teensy holes are gone.
Now you’ve got an adorable ruffled bookmark for the book lover in your life. It’s a quick and easy gift that is also a scrap buster if you have loads of scraps hanging around like I do. This is suck a quick little project that you can make one for yourself if you’re a book lover too!
And if you need more fun gift ideas please visit me at Funky PolkaDot Giraffe!