Fill a quart jar with pre-measured dry ingredients and you will give your friend a jump start on making yummy chocolate chip cookies.
(Nutrition info is for dry mix only)
Make a tag or label with the following:
Mixing Directions. Preheat oven to 375° F. Mix 1 1/2 sticks softened butter, 1large egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl until blended. Add cookie mix and mix well breaking up any clumps. Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Tips for making cookie mix in a jar
- Carefully layer ingredients in the jar for a pretty presentation.
- A wide mouth canning funnel is a mess free way to place the ingredients into the jar.
- Holiday m&m's can be swapped in for the chocolate chips to make the jar more festive and colorful.
- Carefully place the chocolate chips on top of the flour so they don't sink too much into the flour.
- Make the jar pretty with ribbon and or a fabric topper. About a 6 1/2 inch circle of fabric covers the lid of a wide mouth canning jar.